Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I tell my clients to play noises if the dog(s) are noise sensitive for sure, but otherwise, I do tend to agree that it has limited utility for a confident dog. I DO suggest that the client work on schedule changes, implementing any new rules, and changing any expectations for the dogs BEFORE baby comes home. Practicing walking with you while you carry a doll or push a stroller is also useful for some.

Torch

I'm lucky that both of mine are very stable-they're curious and happy about almost any new thing. Henry is almost nine and has been around numerous infants and toddlers. Rhys is two and has only met one infant, and I was pleased at how disinterested he is.

They both have reliable 'off' and 'leave it' commands so that shouldn't be an issue. We are starting to accumulate enough baby stuff that they are getting familiar with it.

Both the dogs have been much more concerned about me and my well-being lol. I have a feeling they will accept the baby really quickly.

milos_mommy

Does anyone who is FB friends with Falon know how her and the LO are doing? I've been waiting for an update! I hope they're well.

FG167

Does anyone who is FB friends with Falon know how her and the LO are doing? I've been waiting for an update! I hope they're well.
Thanks for asking about us!!!

We survived the birth! It was terrible LOL 36 hours of labor, shoulder dystocia, very low APGAR score at first...Ferris Grayson was born on June 30. 21.25" and 8lbs10.3oz. It's been a huge adjustment but overall things have gone smoothly. I healed up really well/fast (one tiny internal tear is all I had, and a natural birth), and he's a good baby. DH, Ferris, and I are all sick with a summer cold so poor Ferris is not feeling so great but hoping he gets over it real quick.

Here I am 41 weeks pregnant...
41 Weeks by Falon Gray Markow, on Flickr

2015-06-30, Ferris is Born-7 by Falon Gray Markow, on Flickr

Leaving the hospital!
2015-06-30, Ferris is Born-17 by Falon Gray Markow, on Flickr

He is the mini-me of my husband. EVERYONE comments on how he looks identical to my DH.
Daddy and son time by Falon Gray Markow, on Flickr

Josh and mini-me, Ferris by Falon Gray Markow, on Flickr

All the nurses and all of the people that have met Ferris have commented on how big his feet and hands are.
Ferris by Falon Gray Markow, on Flickr

I'm spamming pics but lord are we infatuated with him!

Ferris bath time by Falon Gray Markow, on Flickr

The dogs have all adjusted. Kastle and Eden are the best with the baby. Sweet, interested, gentle. Ickky and Preacher are momentarily interested and then over it (they're both much more obsessed with Dad). Limit was totally weirded out (not surprising), extremely jealous, and very twitchy when the baby would cry. Ferris is almost 3 weeks old now and Limit is finally settling down and acting much more normal.

The only pic of a dog with the baby...
27/52 Ickky & Ferris by Falon Gray Markow, on Flickr

Well it's about GD Time! :)

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, momma, baby, dad and dogs. he's a cutie and before you know it, he'll be pushing chairs to get up on counters and telling the dogs what to do :)

It gets old I suppose, but nobody has lied when they say it goes way too fast, so enjoy every minute, they'll never be at the stage they are right now, ever again

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Any tips on getting rid of bloating after eating?! This is driving me NUTS this week - I'm 21 weeks and yet I can't eat a full meal without feeling like I'm a whale: huge, tight stomach, uncomfortably full.

Yesterday it was 3/4 of a soft taco and a glass of juice for dinner and I still felt like I was huge for at least the next 3 hours. How can I eat even smaller meals than that and get any nutrition for the next 19 weeks?!

I'm drinking over two liters of water per day at this point. Don't seem constipated, am eating as much real food as I can instead of processed junk, minimal caffeine, etc. HALP!

milos_mommy

I have to eat really small meals constantly or I get this. Like, yogurt. Or a plum. Or half a grilled chicken breast. With nothing on it.

Yeah, if you find anything that helps let me know :(

Torch

Huge congrats, Falon!!! He is gorgeous and you are awesome making it through that labor!!!! He does look like he's going to be a big guy.

I think he looks like you too! Some of the resemblance to Dad is the bald head lol.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have to eat really small meals constantly or I get this. Like, yogurt. Or a plum. Or half a grilled chicken breast. With nothing on it.

Yeah, if you find anything that helps let me know :(
Today I made the mistake of eating my whole meal (chicken salad sandwich, two small cups of coke, and a bag of cheetos) at lunch in one sitting. Ugh. Was bloated and whale like until 9p. 8 hours!!! o_O I emailed my midwife and she said if all else fails, simethicone is ok, so I did buy some. I ate a banana and peanut butter just now...fingers crossed I don't need the gas relief. :p I'm still hungry tho...

Apparently movement really helps: walking, moving on an exercise ball, rocking in a rocking chair were all suggestions. Of course when I'm that bloated movement sounds like the last thing I want to do!

Torch

Today I made the mistake of eating my whole meal (chicken salad sandwich, two small cups of coke, and a bag of cheetos) at lunch in one sitting. Ugh. Was bloated and whale like until 9p. 8 hours!!! o_O I emailed my midwife and she said if all else fails, simethicone is ok, so I did buy some. I ate a banana and peanut butter just now...fingers crossed I don't need the gas relief. :p I'm still hungry tho...

Apparently movement really helps: walking, moving on an exercise ball, rocking in a rocking chair were all suggestions. Of course when I'm that bloated movement sounds like the last thing I want to do!
I've found getting out and walking (usually the dogs, which they are enjoying!) to be the least offensive activity to help with the bloating.

milos_mommy

Nobody who isn't a recently pregnant mom will find this funny or cute so I had to share it here.

Earlier today I was talking about how a friend's son was born really premature a few years ago, and I told SO that he was born at the same age our baby is now.

SO asked "How big is the baby now?"
Me: "IDK around a pound and a half, I think"
SO: "No....I mean in fruit. What fruit size is she?"

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Nobody who isn't a recently pregnant mom will find this funny or cute so I had to share it here.

Earlier today I was talking about how a friend's son was born really premature a few years ago, and I told SO that he was born at the same age our baby is now.

That is HILARIOUS!

(Our munchkin is either cantaloupe or pomegranate sized depending on which site you look at lol)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I've found getting out and walking (usually the dogs, which they are enjoying!) to be the least offensive activity to help with the bloating.
I wish it were more of an option here - we've had heat indexes near 100 for the last week, so walks outside aren't an option after about 10a and before 7p. I may have to break down and treadmill. :p

Torch

See, my husband is just the opposite...
Roy: "Why do they keep using fruit to measure size? I don't know the size of half this **** right off the top of my head!"
Me: "What measurements do you want them to use? Puppies? Kittens?"

Lol.

FG167

LOL Every week I would send the Baby Center update to my DH to read about what the baby was at developmentally for that week. When I got home he would rub my belly and tell me whatever fruit/veggie the size comparison was. I don't know if he read any other part of the page or just scanned for the food comparison LOL Every week routine :)

I wish it were more of an option here - we've had heat indexes near 100 for the last week, so walks outside aren't an option after about 10a and before 7p. I may have to break down and treadmill. :p
Yeah, I am despising all the pregnancy weight I still have (I gained 35 lbs total, lost 25 lbs by 2 weeks post partum, need to lose another 10 to pre-preggo weight, but would like to lose 20 lbs to get to my "ideal" weight)...I would LOVE to walk but it's disgusting out. I am dripping sweat just pottying the dogs (aka standing in the backyard while they do their business). I hate getting all nasty and sweaty in my nursing bras. Looking forward to Fall already! Plus the little man's cluster feeding has finally tapered and we're at more scheduled feed breaks which should hopefully only get better as he gets older.

Work is driving me crazy. I had someone cover my lab for me while I'm gone. My son is 3 weeks old, and the girl is 2 weeks behind on running my specimens. I am caught up on getting the results out but she is not...and she keeps lying that she is whenever I have someone call to help her out. Extremely frustrated. Also, she's messy and I'm OCD so it kills me when I pop in on Saturday's to bill patients out and the lab is disgustingly dirty.

milos_mommy

I'm in L&D (my new second home apparently) for the third time, at 28 weeks. I was having (I thought/think) Braxton hicks contractions that didn't stop and wanted to get double checked at the office. Now I'm hooked up to 20 machines and needles and hoping its dehydration even though I've drank over 2 liters since they started 12 hours ago.

The midwife said I'm 20% effaced and a fingertip. Does anyone know if that's normal

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
MM that sucks. Not sure it helps at all, but my midwife said I should be drinking at least 3L if not 4L of water to stay fully hydrated, so 2L in 12 hours is really not that unusual, even though it feels like a lot.

Everything I've read says dilation is no indication of how close labor is, but they were all talking 35+ weeks.

milos_mommy

I'm supposed to be drinking 6L a day to help with my low BP, which is annoying and not usually achievable. I usually do drink about 4L a day, but it's been 100 degrees here and maybe I slacked off a little. I was pretty dehydrated coming in (even after guzzling near 2L from 9am-noon), but the contractions are still coming after IV fluid. They're weak ones, though.

I asked the nurse about the effacement and she was like "ummm....sometimes after your first baby the cervix is softer....she'll probably recheck you", and it was the least reassuring I've ever heard a nurse sound.

Members online

No members online now.