Just wanted to share the news...

Miakoda

This is OFFICIALLY the year of the puppy. We've been waffling back and forth for the past 2 years, but with TB's declining health (the facial paralysis from the stroke a few months ago has caused severe atrophy and his eye is becoming "sunken", and it's just a matter of time before it affects his eating and drinking again :( ). While my heart will be broken when his time with us is over, I cannot live in a dog-less home, nor will my boys take to it very well. Carson is such an animal person, and he's going to be the hardest hit.

So. I have officially sent out emails beginning correspondance with two breeders inquiring more info about their dogs and any possible breedings for the second half of this year (it would just be easier for us, but we'll see. it depends on when puppies are available).

Hubby is not comfortable with a Fila, and as much as I desparately want one, I don't want one that would have to live with an insecure and untrusting human. It's just not a good idea. Hubby wants a Bulldog, but...ummm, NO. I just cannot even find them cute anymore (just walking disasters). So we're looking at a Mastiff. I've emailed two recommended reputable show breeders who show a lot, breed sparingly, and health test their dogs.

I'm not sure how my life will be without an APBT, and just thinking about it makes me feel all weird inside. One one hand, the change will be nice, and I sorely miss having a large dog in the home. On the other hand, I just love them. So who knows what will happen in the future? mwuahahahaha.....

An English is probably a good compromise with your husband's discomfort :)

Or a good Rottie, for that matter. Or Boerbel.

But yeah, a Pitbull-less Staci . . . . that just causes a disturbance in the Universe.

Miakoda

I've always been intrigued by Boerbels, but I have no earthly idea where to look for a reputable breeder. Everyone in this area got theirs from Petland. Bleh...

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Staci- look into proudfoot Boerboels they are a great starting point, That's where I am getting my pup from, and who I see as a reputable breeder. And she had litters for this spring :) Proudfoot's dogs are very stable, family dogs that are fantastic in public, but are still protective when needed.

And the breeder is very welcoming and personable.

I should add they have a website http://proudfootboerboels.weebly.com/index.html

Miakoda

Alas, they are in Canada, and I'm in southeastern Louisuana. I can't afford another $1,000 to get a puppy here. Plus, that would be one awful series of flights. :(

Xandra

Alas, they are in Canada, and I'm in southeastern Louisuana. I can't afford another $1,000 to get a puppy here. Plus, that would be one awful series of flights. :(
My pup flew from Alaska to Texas to Vancouver for $300. He was fine coming out, had been cleaned out, fed, given water etc. I wouldn't rule out anyone on the continent just yet :)

Definitely looking forward to an mastiff pup here though :)

Oh . . . shoot . . . trying to remember . . . The guy who transported Cleo from my house to Filarotten in Texas had a WONDERFUL little Boerbel bitch from a reputable breeder he's done transports for . . .

Fila can probably tell us from where. I keep thinking Colorado?

She was an incredibly impressive dog. Very poised, calm, watchful but easy. I really, really liked her.

Members online

No members online now.