newbie to dogs

hello everyone! my names amanda and i am 18 years old. i live in bowling green kentucky. i have never owned my own dog before, but i was raised in a home where rottwhilers (sp) were bred and treated as family. after a ton of research i decided that i truely do want a pharaoh hound. the other dogs that i were considering are also sighthounds such as whippets and grey hounds (italin) if anyone can help me out finding a pharaoh hound breeder i would be very greatful! i know alot about the breed but i dont know harley anything about dog training, and ordinary care, besides feed them (what food?) water them, and walk them

Welcome, Amanda! The sighthounds are an interesting group. You might want to think about starting out with them by rescuing a retired racing dog. You could learn a lot about dealing with sighthounds; very different from dealing with Rotties or other working dogs, and know that you'd saved a life in the process. It could be a big help to you later on when you find your Pharoah Hound pup.

Members online

No members online now.