I think it's time :( [Bella the rat]

Brattina88

Bella my blue rat, has been sick off and on (but lately mostly just on) sice the begining of the year. She has malocausion (sp?) and I always take her in for the vet to trim her teeth, because she squirms to much fir me to do a good job.
She's gotten tooth absesses, and big absesses on the side of her face. They vet says it's due to really unhealthy gums, andsubce she won't knaw on anything that probably won't improve much. She's oneds 3x a day, and it's barely keeping her from giong even more downhill. She will randomly start eating, so I have to encourage her to eat, and cook her some nice things :eek:

She has a quite a bit of hair loss on her back and she's lost weight, she's really skinny. And lately, she does not come out of her igloo unless I pull her out for meds and then encourage her to eat.

Shell be three *I believe* in Nov.
I think its time to help her along, but I'm not sure. And I don't know what I'm going to say when I call the vet to make an appt. I spent $56 week before last puting her under to lance a big absess and clean it out & her meds. And then last week they saw her again for a teeth trim, and she didn't gain any weight at all, she's not eating. I think the recent infections have been too hard on her body. She is just not bouncing back like she usually has in the past, and she just doesn't seem happy :(

Bella and Piper are my last two rats. I think this is why imbhavibg such a hard time with it. I don't want Piper to be lonely either :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am so sorry. Sounds like you have tried very hard to take good care of her.
((((((HUGS))))))) I can understand about Piper too.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Oh, no. :(

It's so hard to make these kind of decisions. Only you know Bella, and can make that decision based on what she is telling you. I know this won't be easy (as it never is) but I know that you'll do what is best for Bella. (((((hugs)))))

Brattina88

Ugh.... I don't know what to do :(

Thanks you two... I appriciate your kind words, and support. I haven't called the vet yet. I don't want her to suffer, but I keep expecting her to bounce back. She's been sleeping a lot.

Members online