$5,400 chihuahua puppy?!

S

Squishy22

I just found a long coat chihuahua breeder that seemed pretty good from reading the home page (so I thought), and then I take a peek at the available puppy page and WOW. I am speechless.

Some of the most impressive and cutest puppies I have ever seen, but my god... take a look at the prices!!! And I thought 3 grand was overboard for a chihuahua puppy. 5 grand?? They are obviously making good profit off of breeding. Its sickening.

The 5,400 puppy... and I think Tucker is just as cute as this girl is. Wait, that necklace she is wearing MUST be made of diamonds and come with the puppy. LOL. I think I've figured it out. HA.

And is this a kitten or a chi puppy?? Just for fun, because I thought this one looked like a kitten!!! Price tag? $3,900 male.

Different angle...

I had fun ooing and awwwing at the cute pics, but I dont understand what makes these pups so special that they need such an astronomical price tag. Opinions?? And how many litters do they have on the ground at once?? Woah.

I havent went over the entire site.. still looking, but here is the link...

AKC Champion Bloodline Blue Long Coat Chihuahuas

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Wierd, her site looks good... she SAYS all the right things.

One thing, she says they are a "SMALL" breeder yet she has like 20? dams.

She sure sends you home prepared though... look at that list of things.

I got my dog and a few days food from their breeders, lol.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
first page looks good...
little weirded out by the insane amoutn of health stuff she deos twice and once yearly on her dogs (least she says she does...)
if the dogs are on a good diet and have chewy toys and get regular mouth care there is absolutly no reason to put a breed prone to anesthesia issues under for dental cleaning that frequent...and deworming once a month? you do NOT need to deworm that often in a home situation...
heavens i havent dewormed my dogs since i got them, fecals NEVER come back positive, and i realy dont agree with medicating if not nessicary...
and twice a year heartworm/lymes ect...seems a little excessive...

The BAD:
warning sign #1: only a 1 yr genetic guarentee...most congential issues dont even begin to show untill the dog is 2+ yrs old...this guarentee is pretty much a cheap out, good breeders will give you 2 yrs at least.

7 Sires and 23 dams, plus 3 future dams?! thats NOT a SMALL home based breeder by any means...and many of those pictures look familiar but not from that site.

looking at her dogs profiles she doesnt list pedigree info on most and has no test results...infact there is no mention of any genetic testing on any of her dogs.
and many of those girls are way to small to be on the breeding list by any ethical breeder...breeding a chi under 4lbs is asking for trouble! (ie 3 1/2 lb fergie!)

she has alot of breedings due in the next 2 months.

some of her dogs do NOT fit breed standard and look more like poms/mixes than chis...

she has ALOT of available puppies...and i Mean ALOT!not to mention alot of pups in the nursery.

the GOOD:
i do like that they keep puppies untill 10 weeks minimum

she shows...or at least the site and images say she does, however its only on some of the dogs.

some of her dogs are stunning!

all in all i think this one is an online "mill" with a fancy page like many others out there...
BUT i think the maker of the page has done ALOT of reaserch into what will make them sound better...

unfortunatly the complete lack of genetic testing, the 1 yr guarnetee and the fact they have and are breeding sooo many dogs...added to that there breeding females smaller than they should be breeding and selling at such incredibly and unreasonably high pricing...not impressed with the contract either...i just wouldnt purchase even if i could afford it.

some of thos epuppies are adorable though...

bubbatd

I'm with Foxy !!!! I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole !!!

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
As for the prices, I have no objection to a breeder selling pups for a few thousand dollars if they're able to get buyers paying it.

That particular breeder doesn't impress me at all, pretty much for all the reasons mentioned by Foxy.

Just someone that fits the .... "A fool and his money are easily parted" bill!

Personally wouldn't pay that much for a dog...have a hard time paying it for a horse sometimes..lmao...

Show quality Chihuahua puppy with pedigree, contract and "the works" won't cost you NEARLY that from a REPUTABLE breeder, with great dogs.

Be honest the quality of dog on that site...def. not something i would take, they (as someone else stated) tend to resemble a mix in some cases.

Huh...just shows ta go ya (yes i said it that way on purpose)

Gees...wonder what people would pay for a boxer puppy...if i asked 4k would they pay it? my guess is SOMEONE would...

S

S

Squishy22

Thanks for the input, Foxy. Yeah, sounds like a disguised puppy mill. Who the heck has that many dogs? What kind of breeder keeps that many dogs. Talk about overboard. Thats the one thing that really stands out to me. Even if she did everything right I'd still be weirded out by how many friggin dogs she keeps.

Some of those dogs have REALLY full coats. I wouldn't be surprised if there is pom in there. The head pieces on some of those dogs are impressive though!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I big turn off, especially in my chi puppy search..is dressed up chis. the necklace isnt that bad, but i have seen some breeders that are REALLY bad

this

Fran101

Resident fainting goat

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
this chi pup is 5000:

i dont understand why.. other than the fact that hes tiny

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I came across that site a little while ago... someone from my chi forum made a thread about them too. lol.

I think Tucker is just as cute as that dog, too... I didn't pay nearly that much, though.

I just don't understand why anyone would ever pay $5000 for a puppy... it's absurd!

Well kudos to that boxer breeder, i suppose i don't want to charge that much really..lmfao...

I just think "A fool and his money are easily parted"

Sigh

S

Members online