The musing thread

Saeleofu

As I'm sitting here eating a lunchable and a squeezey fruit pouch thing, I'm beginning to think growing up is a myth.

You know, the last time I went ontransport we passed a field filled with cows and one of them was pooping. I cracked up and so did my ride partner. I'm 28, so apparently I have yet to mature either.

Then I remembered that my father, who is in his 60s, still talks about the time we saw an emu pooping ( in our defense, it was pretty amazing. Imagine what appeared to beabout 10 gallons of bird poop gushing from one creature) and I think there may be a genetic componant at work here :rolleyes:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Brought my car in for service. Got asked out TWICE.

Walked into old job to talk with parts manager and get my stuff. Apparently no one can stop talking about my shorts. Seriously, why? I'm going to walk in there with a bikini and see the reactions. My legs look amazing, I see no issue with wearing athletic shorts. Besides, I'm six feet tall - everything looks short on me.

Pretty sure I just threw up everything I've eaten for the last three years... ugh.
Why is this in the musing thread? Because I'm slightly amused that a human body can hold that much vomit...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The things I e-mail to guys on Match.
"I read your profile and you wrote that you were looking for someone with goals, and I thought you said GOATS, and I was going to tell you I don't care for goats but I do like sheep. Then I realized you wrote goals. Not goats."

These e-mails clearly broadcast I'M A WINNER! LET'S DATE!

Mostly I'm just proud that I didn't e-mail a guy asking about his gym habits and thoughts on lifting/crossfit/personal training/open water swims/triathlons/et cetera. Because 99% of the conversations I have there are totally about working out.
Winning.

I should write a book of all the e-mail conversations I have.
E-mail from guy: "Wow! You wear jeans well!"
Me: "Thanks, I have 29 years of practice of putting on pants!"

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Hmmm. Xanex is a very nice thing indeed. I've never taken it before, but I was SO anxious for tomorrow it was killing my appetite, giving me indigestion issues, and not letting me settle. Xanex + benadryl + Advil for cramps = quite nice. Bye bye anxiety, hello good night's sleep.

I am so excited for tomorrow. But it is going to be so hard when it ends. And after tomorrow, its another six more months. Found out he won't be done with A-school until early March. *sigh*

noludoru

Bored Now.
I'm incredibly jealous!

I'm 5'1"...everything looks long on me. All my body is stumpy.
Trade you for a day!!

Pretty sure I just threw up everything I've eaten for the last three years... ugh.
Why is this in the musing thread? Because I'm slightly amused that a human body can hold that much vomit...
Eeew. Kind of glad you didn't come over now, huh?

"I read your profile and you wrote that you were looking for someone with goals, and I thought you said GOATS, and I was going to tell you I don't care for goats but I do like sheep. Then I realized you wrote goals. Not goats."

Mostly I'm just proud that I didn't e-mail a guy asking about his gym habits and thoughts on lifting/crossfit/personal training/open water swims/triathlons/et cetera. Because 99% of the conversations I have there are totally about working out.
Winning.

You should just post it in here for my amusement. If someone said any of that to me, I'd be like "you sound clever. Also, like you have a sense of humor. Definitely worth a second email."

But I wouldn't respond like that, I'd probably give a detailed rundown of the goats superiority to sheep. With a small graphic going "GOATS: 20 SHEEP: 3 - WHO IS THE SUPERIOR SPECIES NOW?"

But I'm clearly not Miss Social Skills, so don't take my advice. If you want my advice, though, just send your emails anyway. They're hilarious, and someone is going to eventually have a sense of humor.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
But I'm clearly not Miss Social Skills, so don't take my advice. If you want my advice, though, just send your emails anyway. They're hilarious, and someone is going to eventually have a sense of humor.
Oh I always send them, I just roll my eyes at myself when I do hahaha. And pretty much always have a good conversation. It just doesn't usually lead to a date. Probably because they aren't used to girls who are such straight shooters and their brain translates that I am just like a guy therefore one of the guys. Ughhhh.
Why can't I just be one of the guys who goes out and drinks with your friends and yells obscenities while watching football and possibly lifts more weight than you do and yet they also want to marry me?

I had to go to the DMV this morning to get my new sticker, and while I was putting the new registration in I pulled out my old registration and insurance cards, and then remembered I had a couple pieces of paper on my desk that needed to go in my car, so I went in to grab them. It was my new insurance card... and LAST year's registration.
Oops.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Is it a law of the universe that whenever you really need someone to answer their phone, they don't? Because I think it is. Or should become one.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I really enjoy my new job like a lot. I worked seven days straight, I've been of one day and I'm off today but I'm ready to go back...like today. This is unheard of.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

Winning.

Omg I just snorted. These are hilarious :p

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I really miss my rat. He was supposed to live way longer then he did. We just picked up 2 from their foster home and I love them and they get along great with the other 3...but fairy kisses was the best rat ever. Can't believe it's been three months already. Just saw a pic of him on fb and now have a sad.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Sometimes I feel like I'm not a real adult. Example a) I use a dry erase board to keep myself organized. My work schedule and everything on my 'to do list' gets switched out weekly while important events for the month like appointments go on the bottom. I feel like there is a more adult way of going about this.

Saeleofu

I really enjoy my new job like a lot. I worked seven days straight, I've been of one day and I'm off today but I'm ready to go back...like today. This is unheard of.
It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? I get one day off every 2 weeks if I'm lucky, but I don't mind, because I freaking LOVE it! And then when I have a day off I'm all "I miss the zoo, I think I'l go visit the zoo" lol

noludoru

Bored Now.
Oh I always send them, I just roll my eyes at myself when I do hahaha. And pretty much always have a good conversation. It just doesn't usually lead to a date. Probably because they aren't used to girls who are such straight shooters and their brain translates that I am just like a guy therefore one of the guys. Ughhhh.
Then they suck and you wouldn't want them anyway! Problem solved. :p

No vents for today for me. I have nothing to vent about.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Sometimes I feel like I'm not a real adult. Example a) I use a dry erase board to keep myself organized. My work schedule and everything on my 'to do list' gets switched out weekly while important events for the month like appointments go on the bottom. I feel like there is a more adult way of going about this.
I do that, too! I think it's brilliant.

I am also the person who, when I realized we were out of toilet paper, said "Fine, I will get the toilet paper. LIKE AN ADULT." At least my roomie is amused by the ridiculous stuff that I say.

Members online

No members online now.