This is probably the only time I'll ever say this...

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
But YAY for Craigslist!
My dogs will have their new treadmill, free to me, as of Thursday. No more walking in the butt-deep snow (for me) and them having to wear sweaters and freezing in -20 degree temperatures this winter! We can save the outdoors walks for the nicer days and they won't be all stir crazy.

I also might add that I've wanted one for a long time but couldn't afford one, and I saw it on the "free" postings on Craigslist and was the first to call...this rocks.
Normally I hate CL for all the poor pets that get circulated on there, but for once I found something useful on there!

Woohoo, lol.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
lol--hope it works out for you! I too dread the snow and ice--and winter becomes a challenge to keep the dogs properly exercised.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
The lady said she bought it and never really used it (I see that happens a lot)
My knees will thank me for picking it up I'm sure, with a pending knee surgery this winter I'm sure my dogs will be more than happy to use it instead of sitting around the house - they hated this last winter with it being cold and walks being short because of my crippled butt!

wishbone

Treadmill is good alternative, hope that works well for you and your dog's exercise needs.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Have you tried it yet? I can't see my dogs having any interest in a treadmill. IT isn't so much the exercise i think they want as a change of scene. WIll be interested to hear how it goes for you.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Mine just want exercise (and the occasional "pee-mail" to be sent) and they certainly don't get anything near what they should in the winter. Hubby has had 4 knee surgeries and I'm about to have my 2nd, plus I have osteoarthritis so me getting out in the cold just doesn't happen much.
I get to pick it up on Thursday morning, I think I'll make a thread about it in the training section to see the trials and tribulations of the Treadmill Project. :) gives me something to do and will help me keep record of the progress.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I have to find someone to help me move it now. Great.
They won't let my hubby off work for 30 freaking minutes to help me move it, what kind of garbage is that? I told him he could tell the 1st Sgt that if I have to move it alone (considering I'm about 2 days from my due date) that I'd go down to the company office and just randomly pick a few soldiers out and volunteer them to help me. I really doubt i can pick it up myself and am not going to try this close to being due...
Maybe I"ll pay off the neighbors kids to help me, she's got 2 teenagers lol.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Lol! Yeah mission first alright, when everyone else is on block leave and they are sending soldiers home because they have nothing for them to do...yet he can't spare 30 minutes away from work to pick something up...
That's ok though, there was a discussion with another supervisor who basically told my hubby's boss that either she lets him out to pick this up or she can ride with ME and help load it herself...needless to say, hubby gets to help me go and get it. It's silly, they are so overstaffed because where he works is being turned over to civilian contractors so they are basically sitting around with their fingers up their noses until they deploy...long story short, his boss was having a bad day and decided to be a PITA about it.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker

There's my free-find on Craigslist...
don't mind my garage, it's messy :D it works good though but needs oil - so for free I can't beat it!

Members online

No members online now.