An almost belated Merry Christmas from the Kipp Dogs

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
I say "almost belated" because it's 11:38 p.m. here in Alaska on Christmas day .. *LOL* .. probably well past Christmas day for the rest of you!

I waited for snow as I wanted to take this neat Christmas photo with a bunch of snowy-laden trees in the background and we just never got a good amount of snow. But we did get a bit, and late the other night I took the girls all outside and took some photos with flash. I'm pretty proud of little Tazer who held her down-stay like a pro while letting me take numerous photos.

So - Merry Christmas from Melanie and all the furkids:

Tazer (sable GSD pup, 6 months), Khana (red Chow, 3 years), Trick (dark GSD, 11 years), Dora (black Chow, 10 years) and Kylee (cinnamon Chow, 16 years).

May 2008 be the best year ever for all of you!

Melanie and the girls

Nice pic!

Did yall get Christmas snow? Can I send my dogs to you for next year Christmas photo? Maybe youll rub off on them.

IliamnasQuest

We BARELY have any snow - a bit came down over the past 3-4 days, and even snowed some today, but I'd say there's all of 4 inches total at this point. In November it snowed really good once and I thought "yay, in a day or so I'll go out and get my Christmas pictures with the dogs" - and then it warmed up and RAINED and all the snow went away. I was starting to think we were going to have a brown Christmas (yuck - how can Santa's sleigh land if there's NO SNOW?? *L*).

I don't take Christmas photos of any dogs but my own .. *G* .. I have enough trouble getting a good one of my group! *L* I was shuffling dogs out the door, putting one on a stay, running in to get another, half-way through the photos the pup jumped up and had to be put back into a down-stay, and it took something like 11 photos to get one where all five dogs were looking AT me. I was waving my hand saying "doggie bones! Cookies! Look, NUMMIES!!" .. *LOL* .. and still in almost all the photos at least one dog was gazing off somewhere else.

I have a year to work on the next photo ... better start now!

Melanie and the gang

LuvsDogs

Great shot, you even spoiled them with a rug to lie on. Even though its summer where I live it was cold on Christmas Day, yesterday, needed to wear warmer clothes out to our Christmas dinner.

goldiefur

That is adorable! That must have been some work getting them to all sit and pose. To cute!!!:)

IliamnasQuest

Thanks for the comments. Yep, I spoiled them with a blankie .. *L* .. the shepherd pup is pretty short-coated and thin-skinned (born in Texas, still has a lot of adapting to do!). So I figured if I wanted her to stay for long I'd be better off providing something besides snow to lay on.

It wasn't too much work getting them to stay, but we've been doing group stays for a couple of months. The pup was, of course, the hardest one to keep in place but I put her into her stay last and she only broke out of it once. This was taken in the parking lot with all the dogs off-leash, so I was proud of them. They're good girls!

Melanie and the gang

bubbatd

Love it !!! Merry belated Christmas and a Happy New Year back at you !!!

Members online

No members online now.