Need some input from fellow dog lovers

Right now I am working with a good friend to get a charity going for disabled people who need help paying for their annual vet care bills. All of us here obviously know how valuable the dog human relationship is.

Eight years ago I was told I had three months if I was lucky. I chose to go through some really intense rounds of treatment that saved my life but made me gravely ill. During that time, Katey, My dear companion neverleft my side but to eat and use the bathroom. I am told that if anybody approached the bed when I was delirious at times she refused to let anyone get close. She stood guard over me.

I made a commitment on that day to not die before she did... to give her the life she gave me. Unfortunately she was diagnosed with Lupus. Its been a hard road but its eight years later and we are both living about six years beyond our shelf life.

But Katey is now eleven, and for a Weim, thats deep into senior territory. I decided that as long as I could make sure other people in a health crisis got the care that Katey gave me, she would live on, and so would I, no matter what happens to our physical being

We are in the process of building a home site and it should be up and running in about two weeks. In the Interim, I have been Blogging with my co founder and doing the social networking thing to get our name out there.

what I would ask, and it would be a huge favor that I would appreciate immensely is if you would read over some of the content of the blog and tell me HONESTLY what could be done to improve.... Not the blog layout, but the content... the posts.

what am I missing? what part of being a dog person am I leaving out?

Heres the blog link.

http://kateyskeep.wordpress.com/

I have a pretty thick skin and view criticism constructively, so please let me know what I can do as a fellow dog lover to better express the nature and importance of dogs in our lives and their value.

Thanks!

Andy

Andy, I'll give it a look in the next few days :) I'm deep in the throes of getting a book finished and into the publishing phase in the next three months.

One thing I will suggest is that you see if there's a writing group in your area. The one I belong to has made a huge difference to me, not just in the quality of my writing, but in their encouragement and support. Writing takes courage. You're putting yourself out there and that can be daunting.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
That sounds like an amazing idea - I'm sitting in my car about to go into work, so I'll check it out on my lunch break lol

Andy, I'll give it a look in the next few days :) I'm deep in the throes of getting a book finished and into the publishing phase in the next three months.

One thing I will suggest is that you see if there's a writing group in your area. The one I belong to has made a huge difference to me, not just in the quality of my writing, but in their encouragement and support. Writing takes courage. You're putting yourself out there and that can be daunting.
I worked for barnes and noble for 15 years... it s very easy for me to write factual posts... but it is a HUGE challenge to stay focused and objective when relating personal stories. Huge difference. I have been on forums posting here and there for years, and I have picked up sloppy writing habits. I tend to be a stream of thought kind of forum writer.

The Blog that supports the site needs to be both personal and polished.

Thanks for the advice and I look forward to hearing what you think after you have a read!

That sounds like an amazing idea - I'm sitting in my car about to go into work, so I'll check it out on my lunch break lol
Thanks!;)

Stream of conscious is a perfectly fine way to write -- especially since cut and paste is so handy to use ;) Getting it down as it flows can add great sincerity to a piece.

Self-editing can be extremely difficult, especially when you're trying to get things posted in a short turnaround time so you don't really have a chance to walk away from it and come back with a fresh eye.

Stream of conscious is a perfectly fine way to write -- especially since cut and paste is so handy to use ;) Getting it down as it flows can add great sincerity to a piece.

Self-editing can be extremely difficult, especially when you're trying to get things posted in a short turnaround time so you don't really have a chance to walk away from it and come back with a fresh eye.
the short turn around thing is rough.. it forces me to go with my gut.

And thats why you guys can be so helpful!

thanks for all the input so far, I hope some of the sunday afternoon members here can give us a read and let me know what they think!

thanks again, folks!

Members online

No members online now.