I'm about to cry....I dont know what else to try

Herschel

We used the iClick, and although my puppy wasn't scared of it, he just didn't respond. We eventually decided that clicker training isn't working for him right now so we're going to keep using "Good" until that stops working. :)

makka619

I have two different types of clickers, and one makes a much softer sound than the other. The "box" type - which is rectangular with the metal "flap" is pretty loud; I also have a couple that are sort of oval with a plastic button that makes a softer noise. Maybe try a different clicker?
I agree.. I have a rectangle one and they are VERY loud. If that is what you are using then definately give a quiter one a go.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Well, as far as the clickers go, they aren't necessary as some dogs respond very well to words like good, yes, etc.. We attempted the clicker but Buddy looked at us like we were crazy and he responds better to praise anyways (you know his ego :rolleyes: ).

I think Chloe is going through a phase, unfortunately.

Buddy's was an awful stage where I thought I might pull all of my hair out and find the nearest cliff. But we got through it. He has always been a very stubborn dog, though.

This too shall pass.

Keep your head up, stick with the training that you have done and the techniques that you have used and everything should be fine. Try not to get frustrated and remember that Chloe loves you-it's just a phase. :D

jess2416

Who woulda thought
lol :) I think its a phase too (hopefully) she actually was pretty good yesterday :D

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ripley is really jumpy around the clicker. He doesn't run away from it, but he flinches and tucks his tail every time I click near him. He's sound-sensitive as it is but something about that noise really freaks him out.

I didn't even think it was worth going through all that training just to get him to accept a training tool that is supposed to make things easier. I took the word "yessss" and turned it into his conditioned reinforcer. It doesn't work as well as the clicker in terms of accuracy, I'm about a half-second slower, but I am not doing anything super-precise with Ripley and it has worked great.

Another idea is a visible conditioned reinforcer. I used a thumbs-up sign, a nod of the head and a flashlight with a deaf dog I trained.

Members online

No members online now.