The Venting Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well... co-worker just came clean to me (and I told him "yeah I knew.") and that he's more than likely going to take the job he was offered.
No idea how I feel about any of this. He said he thinks that means the boss will call his brother (old business owner) and get him back in here. I still think it could mean the boss will try to move the business to where he lives, which leaves me without a job.

Honestly being fired would kind of be great.
For a bit.
Until I have to pay my mortgage.

My friend sent me a bunch of jobs. Pay not great but benefits are pretty nice. He said he'll mention me to his manager so we'll see. Still pays more than I make right now, and comes with a ton of vacation time too, and dental insurance also, both of which are valuable.

My head hurts.

Sometimes I think quitting radio was the worst mistake I ever made.

AliciaD

On second thought...
My ex_landlord emailed one of my old flatmates and included pics of my room before I moved out and described it as a wreck. Like, yep, I'm a slob, but my roommate was the same way so it's not like it bothered him and it's not the business of the other people I lived with. We all signed the lease individually, he has my contact information but chooses to send me messages by word of mouth.

Like wtf? Yeah, my room looks like it belongs to a 15 year old boy but I didn't damage anything. Now I just feel embarrassed and annoyed.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Bleh.

I miss being in Indiana. I miss having dinner with my family on Sundays. I miss my old job. I miss being able to have my friends just pop over and have a girls night. Going out with my coworkers. Visiting my grandparents. First time in my entire life I won't be at my Grandmother's with all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends for the 4th of July, eating good food and watching the fireworks display. Which makes me sad.

Just a little homesick. And then feeling bad about being "homesick", because this is now my home for the next 2 years. But it doesn't feel like home.

The autofocus on my sigma zoom lens is stripped, and I'd rather just sell it and use the money for puppy prep than pay for repair right now. Dammit :(

*blackrose

The good news: they found my car. And most (all?) of our possessions are still inside.

The bad news: it is completely totaled. What jackass steals a brand new freaking car and then TOTALS it? My poor CarII.0 :(

The mediocre news: hopefully insurance will be taken care of quickly and I can get a new car asap. I'm sick and tired of driving around the gas guzzling hard to park hick truck.

Now I just hope we're able to finagle a down payment for a new car, and I can get as good of a rate without my dad cosigning...

teacuptiger

floor dancer
What is it with kids on bikes? There's this one house, where any time I am walking my dog and the kids are out, they stalk us on their bikes- running up right behind Roxie, doing laps around us, throwing meanie faces at us. Like what the hell? Are they trying to be territorial or something?

I wish I could not walk past this house, but it's a bit impossible. I've no idea what time to walk without running into at least one kid... they're always out. It's just creepy and I don't even like kids in the first place. I'm kinda scared to talk to the parents though, because they seem nice enough and I don't want to have any trouble in such a tiny community.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
So I get in my car to go to work today and discover this.

Yep. Car broken into. Brand new stereo that my dad just installed 2 DAYS AGO stolen. My ipod and GPS were also taken but I'm less upset about those because my phone can do the same stuff.

But they left me 2 bottles of unopened hair dye so I've got that going for me!!

I'm just upset, maybe more at myself? Like if I would have just removed the face plate this probably never would have happened because that would equal a useless stereo. But I apparently have a hard time accepting that this city sucks these days and there's waaaayyy more crime than there used to be, and I just have to be paranoid and cautious about everything I guess.

I just can't understand why people like this even exist on our planet.

The irony of it all? The ONLY reason I got a new stereo was so I could listen to my ipod in my car. And now I don't have a radio OR an ipod. Why does the universe hate me.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Ridiculously homesick right now. I had the hardest time leaving Minnesota last weekend and have been in a funk since. One day this goes away right?
It does, actually. I get homesick for PA, maybe once every couple months? And then I get over it.

I mean...you'll probably always miss me, because I'm so awesome, but the rest will get better :p

SpringerLover

I had lots of sad today.

Work was dumb.

I got home and checked Rasza's thousand dollar mouth to find that less than one week post extraction, one side is looking not-so-great. He'd been getting out of crate and out of cone time while I was home (and one time when I was gone for a bit) because he was being good. Today he showed me he can rub his face WITH his cone on even. I need to call the vet tomorrow to see if she wants to see him. The left side looks GREAT! The right side is puffy and inflamed around the sutures. :(

Rascal stole a piece of freeze dried beef liver. He's intolerant to beef, he vomits within minutes. So then he was vomiting everywhere and I was trying to usher him onto a non-carpeted part of my apartment and that didn't go well.

And then I missed my dog a whole lot. Because I would cuddle with him right now but I can't. And while Gabby is a fabulous dog, a cuddler she is not.

So Lauren and I went to McDonalds for ICE CREAMS. And it's a little better now.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
My boss just told me that if things don't start "picking up" I'm going to be moved to 1 day a week. I just bought a car. I see this working out well. :rolleyes:

However, the thing that makes me really mad is the reason I don't have a lot of work is BECAUSE YOU ARE GIVING IT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO DO. My job responsibilities are given to a volunteer... the same volunteer that my boss told me a couple months ago was most likely going to take my position whenever I leave.

What really sucks though is the fact that I can't get a Technician position until I get registered (at the very minimum), usually the preference is certified. I've applied for registration and they are working on my application, but it takes time and will probably be at least another couple of weeks.

The semi-good news: I did find a FT receptionist job that I'm probably going to apply to. I'm really, honestly hoping I can get this job! It's good pay and I won't have to work weekends.

I just want to go back to bed.

*blackrose

So I get in my car to go to work today and discover this.

Yep. Car broken into. Brand new stereo that my dad just installed 2 DAYS AGO stolen. My ipod and GPS were also taken but I'm less upset about those because my phone can do the same stuff.

But they left me 2 bottles of unopened hair dye so I've got that going for me!!

I'm just upset, maybe more at myself? Like if I would have just removed the face plate this probably never would have happened because that would equal a useless stereo. But I apparently have a hard time accepting that this city sucks these days and there's waaaayyy more crime than there used to be, and I just have to be paranoid and cautious about everything I guess.

I just can't understand why people like this even exist on our planet.

The irony of it all? The ONLY reason I got a new stereo was so I could listen to my ipod in my car. And now I don't have a radio OR an ipod. Why does the universe hate me.
Must be jackass vs Civic month. So sorry. :( The guy who stole mine left me a pair of flip flops in the car after rolling it 5 times. Totally wish real life investigators could find the perp based on small evidence like that like they do in the movies.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
What is it with kids on bikes? There's this one house, where any time I am walking my dog and the kids are out, they stalk us on their bikes- running up right behind Roxie, doing laps around us, throwing meanie faces at us. Like what the hell? Are they trying to be territorial or something?

I wish I could not walk past this house, but it's a bit impossible. I've no idea what time to walk without running into at least one kid... they're always out. It's just creepy and I don't even like kids in the first place. I'm kinda scared to talk to the parents though, because they seem nice enough and I don't want to have any trouble in such a tiny community.
A BB gun might make them think twice ... that or a cattle prod. It wasn't a kid but a guy on a bike at the place I used to work at would ride by and yell at Josefina, the first time he did it I was too slow to catch him, and it really startled her. It took her a year for me to get her to stop reacting to bikes and motorcycles. The guy rode by same time every day and we had a dinky BB gun we would use to peg pigeons that would try to roost in our barn, I grabbed it and tole that asshole that the next time he yelled at my dog I would shoot him with it.

He never did it again.

DJEtzel

A BB gun might make them think twice ... that or a cattle prod. It wasn't a kid but a guy on a bike at the place I used to work at would ride by and yell at Josefina, the first time he did it I was too slow to catch him, and it really startled her. It took her a year for me to get her to stop reacting to bikes and motorcycles. The guy rode by same time every day and we had a dinky BB gun we would use to peg pigeons that would try to roost in our barn, I grabbed it and tole that asshole that the next time he yelled at my dog I would shoot him with it.

He never did it again.
Or, you know, you could act like a civilized human being, and tell the kids that's not acceptable.

Members online

No members online now.