The Good News thread

Wanna know what comes from not giving up when people treat you like poo?

After over a week of fighting with Virgin Mobile, filing a BBB complaint, blowing up their call center, e mail, and facebook page, my Boost Mobile (because we switched) account has been credited the exact amount, plus one additional free month of service, by Sprint (who owns both Virgin & Boost). I. Win.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Getting a new tattoo tomorrow. I'm FINALLY starting my sleeve after waiting a long while. Been setting aside a tiny bit of each paycheck for months to make this happen and it's happening! This one is going to be my Native American piece because I'm part Native American and feel much more connected to that part of my heritage.

After this I have to save up for the next one which will probably be Cricket.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We changed our booking at disney from old key west to BOARDWALK!!!! We have never been able to get into boardwalk villas. This is so exciting. It is a new resort for us :)

SpringerLover

Tim finally got his Jetta back with exhaust put on so we went for a drive. Then we washed the car (well he washed the car, I washed the wheels). And then we drove around some more. It's not running exactly right but it's quite a fun ride. It's certainly not a normal car, and it's certainly not boring... probably one of the very few cars I actually enjoy riding in. Because turbo.

I had the WHOLE DAY OFF. It was fabulous. I should be more concerned about the money I didn't make but I kinda needed a day to do whatever I wanted.

Also applied for two jobs, deep cleaned my bathroom, went for a run, and took Buzz (and Siri) the dog park. Fun AND productive day.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Had a customer I sold a car to (well, his wife) about 6 months ago come back into today and sold him a car (and actually might have made more than $20 on the deal). I am now officially 1/3 of my way to my goal for the month.

Saeleofu

I have a new phone. It was not planned (toilets and phones really don't mix), but YAY PHONE THAT WORKS PROPERLY. Boo having to set up a new phone >.<

noludoru

Bored Now.
Tim finally got his Jetta back with exhaust put on so we went for a drive. Then we washed the car (well he washed the car, I washed the wheels). And then we drove around some more. It's not running exactly right but it's quite a fun ride. It's certainly not a normal car, and it's certainly not boring... probably one of the very few cars I actually enjoy riding in. Because turbo.
I don't want to be mean here, but nearly half of all the Jettas out there have forced induction (1.8T or 2.0T engines). And Jettas are basically the Corolla of the rest of the world. Admittedly, they handle better than a corolla, and are quite nice for the money, but they are definitely normal cars unless you do a lot of upgrades to power and handling. (And then you end up with a car putting down way too much power to the front wheels, and hello, torque steer, when you could have just bought a Mazdaspeed3 and saved yourself $4k.)

I loved my Jetta (and it was about as slow as a car can get while still moving) but they are really not mind-blowingly amazing cars. You can't fix FWD and crappy weight distribution with all the power and handling upgrades out there.

SaraB

I don't want to be mean here, but nearly half of all the Jettas out there have forced induction (1.8T or 2.0T engines). And Jettas are basically the Corolla of the rest of the world. Admittedly, they handle better than a corolla, and are quite nice for the money, but they are definitely normal cars unless you do a lot of upgrades to power and handling. (And then you end up with a car putting down way too much power to the front wheels, and hello, torque steer, when you could have just bought a Mazdaspeed3 and saved yourself $4k.)

I loved my Jetta (and it was about as slow as a car can get while still moving) but they are really not mind-blowingly amazing cars. You can't fix FWD and crappy weight distribution with all the power and handling upgrades out there.
Tim's is. ;)

AWD and a giant turbo.

Picklepaige

I was in a really dark place these past few days. Last night, I did something really stupid, and it scared me and I was afraid I'd do it again, so after a couple days of avoiding everyone, I finally broke down and called my SO and told him what happened. He came and got me and took me to his house, and we spent a long night talking about things and everything that I've been needing to do for a long time.

I feel so much better today. He does so much for me, I love him so so so much. I hope I don't go back. I don't think I will, at least not that bad. We talked about seeing a therapist, but I just don't know if I need one. Nothing causes my depression, it just pop up randomly, with absolutely no trigger.

But I'm finally happy again, so good news, yay. :)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
When I got home from my game last night I found that my children and their friends (practically also my kids seeing as I feed and house them often enough) had cleaned, straightened and organized my living room.

Of course, I should add this to the venting thread because upon arriving home, I was instructed that I placed my things in the wrong place :rolleyes: :rofl1:

Airn

I was in a really dark place these past few days. Last night, I did something really stupid, and it scared me and I was afraid I'd do it again, so after a couple days of avoiding everyone, I finally broke down and called my SO and told him what happened. He came and got me and took me to his house, and we spent a long night talking about things and everything that I've been needing to do for a long time.

I feel so much better today. He does so much for me, I love him so so so much. I hope I don't go back. I don't think I will, at least not that bad. We talked about seeing a therapist, but I just don't know if I need one. Nothing causes my depression, it just pop up randomly, with absolutely no trigger.

But I'm finally happy again, so good news, yay. :)
You should do whatever you're comfortable with, but I found having a counselor (therapist) helped me immensely. Even if it's just random things, having someone you can just talk to can help. Someone who is fairly unbiased about your life and who can relate (or make you feel like they can) to your problems. Especially if you don't have a lot of (close) friends. If you're not okay with that, maybe talking to someone who doesn't really know you might help? A pen pal of sorts? Or if you can't find a therapist that isn't expensive. Mine was luckily free (or $5 a session) since she worked with teenagers. And medication is not always a bad thing. I avoid taking it because I also dislike it. It makes me feel weak or totally messed up. But if it helps you..... (Plus you don't have to take it FOREVER. Sometimes taking it for a month or two can really make a difference.)

Glad you're doing better now, though. :)

My good news is: I got some GF Victor's in (took the plunge and bought from their online store) and Gwen is loving in. I'm hoping she'll continue loving it. Last time I didn't get the GF, I got some nasty smelling fish type and I don't think she did so well on it. Not to mention she took her time eating it. She eats the GF within a few minutes of me putting it out. :D

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My new tattoo is SERIOUSLY amazing!!!!

Concept drawing... We ended up having to flip her since she had to fit on my right arm.

Outline

Color in progress

Final

Members online