The Venting Thread

Lyzelle

I can't wait to get my brother out of my mother's house. It's a year until he's 18, but we're looking into emancipation laws. I hate watching him go through the same mind games, the same stress and anger and hopelessness that I did. He does not need to be in that house. They do nothing for him. WE feed him. WE clothe him. WE provide transportation. WE gave him a phone and he pays his own phone bill.

All they do is try to steal his money, take away his phone, and keep him trapped there. For no reason other than they just can. It pisses me off and I just feel so helpless over everything. I'm not in a huge position of power where I can HELP him more than I already am. Because he is still underage.

Red.Apricot

I went to clean the kitchen (which I was told was done, but wasn't).

I couldn't find any wash rags (which I was told were washed yesterday, but weren't).

I went to hunt them down.

I found two. We own like a thousand because I keep buying them because they disappear.

So now I'm doing laundry that's just those and a couple towels, which is wasteful.

And someone used my nice hand drying towel from the kitchen as a dishrag.

Probably because all of the wash rags are apparently gone forever.

This shouldn't be that big of a deal, but being lied to about chores and having a half hour deal turn into a three hour nightmare of tearing the house apart to find them is making me want to cry.

Why can't I just clean the house? Why does it have to be an all day ordeal to get all the supplies together?

WHY CAN'T ANYONE ELSE LEAVE THINGS WHERE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Huh. Well now I know what an "extreme alert" is from Verizon - apparently a tornado warning totally counts as extreme - and what it sounds like on my cellphone. That's kinda cool I guess. That might wake me up in the middle of the night!
I would pee myself if it sounds anything like emergency alerts on tv. I HATE that sound. It makes me want to curl into a little ball and cry thanks to many tornados and fires we've had here. Ugh.

DJEtzel

First, Siri lied to me and told me Mud started at 9:05 at the cinema. Got there a little late 9:10 and paid/walked into the theatre, and were oddly confused by the movie which had already started. It ended about 20 minutes later and I looked at my ticket to realize that the next showing started at 9:50 not 9:05 and we got there ridiculously early and watched the end of Mud, ruining it for us. We watched the beginning anyway. :p

Then got home and let everyone out for evening potties, let the beagle sisters who are boarding with us run around for a minute, and the year old beagle pees right in the middle of the rug AGAIN, out of nowhere. This "housebroken" dog has only peed outside for me a handful of times and I've watched her for weeks now. Getting old.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Why did I buy the silly toe shoes?

Ugh I spent $100 on these VFFs and honestly have worn them a total of like.. 9 times.

Ugh.
Angst.
I just like socks! and pretty sneakers! and my toes to be...together!

and now they just sit around reminding me that I have too many shoes and that I should wear them and I just..don't.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I would pee myself if it sounds anything like emergency alerts on tv. I HATE that sound. It makes me want to curl into a little ball and cry thanks to many tornados and fires we've had here. Ugh.
That's pretty much exactly what it sounds like - it's the EAS buzzer. Oddly enough five years in radio kinda makes you not super sensitive to that sound. Unless you're on air and forgot to take the EAS off auto. THEN you freak out.

Tonight I'm kinda like "HAHA I don't work in radio anymore *lays on basement floor in pajamas*" Then I check Facebook and my radio friends are all like "=( at the station until forever" and then I feel kinda bad.

crazedACD

I walked through my VFFs. AGAIN. In less than a year. 8 months, actually :(
There is a solution here. You buy these :D.

Ugh I spent $100 on these VFFs and honestly have worn them a total of like.. 9 times.

Ugh.
Angst.

and now they just sit around reminding me that I have too many shoes and that I should wear them and I just..don't.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I can't wait to get my brother out of my mother's house. It's a year until he's 18, but we're looking into emancipation laws. I hate watching him go through the same mind games, the same stress and anger and hopelessness that I did. He does not need to be in that house. They do nothing for him. WE feed him. WE clothe him. WE provide transportation. WE gave him a phone and he pays his own phone bill.

All they do is try to steal his money, take away his phone, and keep him trapped there. For no reason other than they just can. It pisses me off and I just feel so helpless over everything. I'm not in a huge position of power where I can HELP him more than I already am. Because he is still underage.
http://daughtersofnarcissisticmothers.com/

?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Really great link. I know all about having a narcisstic parent... To the point that she has a true personality disorder and doesn't know it. So hard. I love her, but at the same time sometimes I literally can't stand her. Everything is about her always. If she does something for someone else its because it benefits her in some ways even if its just so she will have the recognition. She has to have her hand in everything and maintain control because she honestly believes she is entitled. It's so frustrating, but looking at it for what it is has really opened my eyes and helped me to see her for who she is (NPD and all) and know that she isn't going to change. I live my life far apart from her now. I still keep in touch, but I do not allow her to be too much a part of my life anymore. I'm always cautious with what I share with her and it is what is.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

Ugh.
Angst.

Me too! I tried VFF's but never could get used to them. That & I kind of do the cross country thing on my family property, & i always had problems with the rocks poking my fee thru the shoes. So I was disappointed at the time, but I think it'll always be traditional running shoes for me, too.

To everyone in OK/the OK area: my prayers are with you guys in this trying time, I can't imagine going thru that.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Skittle, as do I. To top it off, she's a drunk, which is lovely... as you can imagine.

My vent isn't even really a vent. I just miss Deke. The house is way too quiet.

So DONE with tornadoes and severe weather:/

Luckily the tornadoes and severe stuff that hit last night was a bit to the north of us (like 15 miles or so) and we just got heavy rain and hail, winds, etc. That I dont mind (well, hail can be destructive but not usually too bad), but the high winds and tornadoes...just done!

And poor OKC and Moore getting hit again:(

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I know & I have a good many friends from my dog trialing days from that area, I keep checking facebook (we are all friends) to see if they have checked in but some of them havent ... I sure hope everyone is ok :(

DJEtzel

Goodness. I taught a two hour beginning agility class this morning, which really equaled about 4 after set ups/tear dogs and breaks, then came home to exercise five very energetic dogs, fill in holes in the yard (again), plant seed/water it, and sat down to fill out some registration forms/write checks for a trial coming up. I am so. beat. I need a bath and a nap... but now I have to go grocery shopping. Waaah!

Members online

No members online now.