The Venting Thread

crazedACD

I never realized this was even a thing, lol. Do you quarantine before introducing to existing stock?
My store isn't really set up to quarantine much, so no. The tanks are the MARS systems (like Petco), so they are put in their own tanks usually (most drop-offs are big cichlids and plecos), but they are still in the system. That said, I have had maybe two times in four years that a drop-off died from something, none I've seen have been visibly sick. Generally the fish coming on weekly orders are the ones you need to watch out for.

DenoLo

Oh good, I'm not the only one! I read a bunch about it and they talk like it's just an issue men have. Fat hairy men and I'm like... :( :( :(

The first time mine flared up was so bad. I couldn't sit at all and woke up in the middle of the night all night because it was hurting so bad. Right now it is just sore.
I've had one too! Not a fat or hairy man:) the first time I had it ignored it for a few days hoping it would go away, and then i ended up in the ER because it had turned into a system infection and I was really really sick. I have a real high pain tolerance, but we're talking curled up in fetal position wanting to die sick and a fever of like 104. Good times. Hate those things!!!

From what I understand, it's more like hole than a cyst? When it flares up and feels like a cyst, usually means something got trapped inside and it's infected. Surgery isn't usually required, mines never been really bad since.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Took a Benadryl today and it completely knocked me on my butt! It was like, 4pm and I was just about to the point of calling the day quits and going to bed. Soooooo sleepy. My dogs sure don't feel that way when they get it!

The crappy thing is, it didn't even alleviate my symptoms.

Which is my next vent - I don't know if I have a cold or allergies. Or both. It started off as a cold I think? Sneezing and congested. That started a couple days ago, but for the most part that has resolved. Now I am left with super watery eyes. They water and water and water and are so uncomfortable. I've never had this happen before. It was gorgeous out today so I was going to take the dogs for an extra long walk, but I ended up cutting it short and turning around because I could hardly keep my eyes open! :( Which is what drove me to Benadryl.

Completely not okay. All my plans today were interrupted either because my eyes were burning, or I was in a drug-induced zombie state.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Got back pictures from tennis. Most of them I look derpy, whatevs, understandable. In the okay ones I look 12-14 years old. Whhhyyy. Whhhyyyy. :confused:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It really doesn't matter how I do because nobody cares.
Nobody is going to tell me they're proud of me.
It's not like it's a big deal either, I've already done this twice.

My co-workers aren't fitness people at all so they don't really care, unlike when I was at the radio station full of people who worked out and constantly asked about my training and we all shared our progress repeatedly.

I don't see them that much anymore even though I still count many of them as friends so I don't even have that interaction with my friends.

Nobody cares so it's kind of been hard for me to care either.

I just don't really know what the point is anymore.

Saeleofu

I have assimilated crested gecko information too thoroughly. Now I'm suppsoed to cite my sources. WHERE? WHAT SOURCES DO I CITE? Ugh. Can I just write "My Brain and the Internet" on my references page? :p

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
What started as uncomfortable pain has evolved into near-excruciating pain. Yes, not missing Pilates class today was a great idea! :rolleyes: My upper back and neck are killing me. I can barely move. I just want to lay down, but I was an expert procrastinator and didn't gather the paperwork and write the statements needed to apply for this scholarship I was nominated for.

Lyzelle

This week has been terrible. There's Jin issues, a death in the family, things are hectic, people issues, animal issues (like Zander snatching food all of a sudden and the cat continuing to be an asshole). I have a full weekend booked because of birthday stuffs for a friend and a funeral to go to Tuesday. Mississippi is having issues giving me my car title and I can't find the time to re-fill my prescription. It's going to rain the next several days. I need to get Jin off the phone bill and put my brother on. My mother is a major PITA as always and I'm pretty much pulling out of pocket to keep my brother in contact with everyone, fed, taken care of, and in a stable job.

On top of it, I can't sleep at all lately and when I do I get the worst/weirdest dreams. This cycles into MORE caffeine which cycles back into horrid headaches...which cycles into no sleep, more caffeine, no sleep, headaches, more caffeine, and so on so forth. And my stomach feels like it's going to just come out through my mouth because despite the coffee, energy drinks, and soda...I haven't had a whole lot to eat because my time is limited and my appetite sucks. And when I do eat, it's pure fast food crap.

I wish I could rage quit life sometimes.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Edjqrio4ghirlh3rwvh13hfiu1heid

Terrible morning thus far. My toilet won't work and Mia puked again. Argghhhhhh I want to go back to sleep!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE

My co-workers aren't fitness people at all so they don't really care, unlike when I was at the radio station full of people who worked out and constantly asked about my training and we all shared our progress repeatedly.

I don't see them that much anymore even though I still count many of them as friends so I don't even have that interaction with my friends.

I care! I'm anxiously awaiting to hear how you did. I've been following your training on the other thread with interest. You're quite inspiring for people who are just getting into the whole fitness aspect of life. :)

My vent is just that my body woke up before my brain wanted to and wouldn't go back to sleep. Bleh. I'll be up until at least 5am with no chance for naps. :(

LauraLeigh

Been crying all day, just feel unbearably, sad......

I have nothing to do with my time now that the trailer is set up but sit and stew...

I should walk, do something.... But I walked with Foster, read a book and relaxed with Diamond, I just can't figure out what to do with myself, it's like the shock is wearing off and now I'm lost....

SaraB

Heartworm treatment makes me sad. We have a dog who tested positive and going through treatment, her last day, today. She's laying in her run, panting and crying because it hurts. I wish we could video this and show it to everyone who refuses to test or give preventative.

SpringerLover

Dixie's had some huge regressions lately. She doesn't want to do anything but hang out in the apartment, because it's safe. I unintentionally pushed way too hard and I've had to carry her out of situations that scare her. Getting her out of the apartment this morning to go potty was hard and almost had me in tears.

I feel like if she were a human, she'd be diagnosed as agoraphobic.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

We care :)

You should join our challenge page on facebook "slender for summer". It's a great group of ladies on a fitness journey that we share together. It's a very supportive group and we share our triumphs and our trials. we whine and commisserate and cheer each other on. It's awesome and we could really use someone like you with your experience as many of us are "learning to run"

:)

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
For whatever reason, my dad is obsessed with feeding Rumor. She usually gets fed around 7 in the morning and 6 at night. If I'm awake but haven't fed her yet, he'll feed her. If I get home at 6:01, he'll have already fed her. He just walked through the door at 5:53 and immediately grabbed her bowl. Uh, I'm home. You don't think you should even ask me first? She's gotten fed twice more than once because of that. Most of the time I can hear it and run down and intervene, but not all the time. It wouldn't even make me mad if he didn't just dump food in the bowl, sit it down, and walk away. He won't ask her to sit and stay, he won't put food in any of her toys... If those are such a hassle, then why go through the trouble of even feeding her?? I don't get it. I've never asked him to feed her. I'm contemplating putting a side on her food bin that says 'Do Not Feed.' Or just hiding her food.

Members online

No members online now.