Voiding in the Kennel

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
Hey everybody. Cthulhu has been voiding in his kennel for the last two days. The first time, he just peed, and I partly blame myself because Erin and I went out for longer than we planned (about 5 hours). Today though, he went this morning on my carpet, then again when I took him outside, and then again in his kennel. I was only gone for an hour and a half, so basically he went three times in 4 hours. The time on my carpet was solid and normal, but the other two were liquidy, and so I wonder if he has diarrhea? I looked online, and it said a change in diet could cause that, I gave him some leftover steak last night so could that be it?

Anyways, I'm rambling. I feel like this is combination stomach trouble, and him having come from a shelter where the dogs voided in their kennels. How can I train him not to do that? His kennel is just the right size for him to stand, sit, and lay comfortably, but he can't void without laying in it. Will putting him in at night help? That way he actually sleeps there instead of just being bored while I'm at class?

Thank you all, I appreciate the help.

Any stool that is soft to liquid is considered diarrhea. Sometimes dogs just get it for whatever reason, and it's cleared up by the next day or even the next stool. If it doesn't clear up or becomes common, then you may want to take food away for about a day, then feed him on a bland diet for a few days to get the stools back in check. Also it is important to make sure he is getting plenty of liquids as diarrhea dehydrates them. If it doesn't clear up or you see blood in it, then you need to get him to a vet to rule out parasites or something more serious [diet can cause diarrhea too if they are allergic to something in it, such as corn-my dog has to be on a grain free food or he gets horrible poos and gas].

Sorry I can't help more on the crate part, but it wasn't long ago I went through diarrhea with my shelter mutt and thought I'd share some of what I learned to clear it up. Best of luck!

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
Thankfully Cthulhu seems to be better. I think the voiding in the kennel was just a by product of the diarreah.

Members online

No members online now.