Bruno is losing hair...

Tazwell

The title says it all!

Bruno is a pit mix, he's got a very short coat like a Pit Bull. It's starting to become thin in some spots, and become patchy-looking. Like spots of baldness. Pretty much all over his body. He's shedding at a faster rate, as well.

It started probably 2 weeks ago. Same time the weather really started to warm up.

The rescue is going through some financial difficulties, so to speak, so I'm going to try to remedy this at home if possible. Obviously if it is un-fixable, or becomes worse, He'll have to go to the vet for some good ol' fashion skin scraping.

Anyway, He doesn't seem to be itching, and it's just all over- so I know the hair loss isn't from scratching. I suppose it's worse around his chest area, and down his back, and on his sides. He's been eating the same food and treats since I got him about 2.5 months ago. He's eating Canidae.

The only thing I can think that I changed is his collar-- I put a leather collar on him about that time, but honestly, I think it was after the hair loss. I'm not absolutely sure, though. I took it off tonight, to see if maybe he's allergic to that...?

You can sort of see it in this picture-- taken a few days ago.

So, any thoughts?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I don't see it clearly, but I think a trip to the vet to at least diagnose it would be in order. Once you know what it is, you can choose to treat it at home versus meds. :) Good luck.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Could be some type of allergy. The collar? not sure but worth a try. I'd say a visit to the vet to rule anything else out.

Members online