need some advice!

bouly86

hey people ! i need some advice!
when i open sometimes the door of my house and leave it for a while ! my dog try sometimes to go out! and yesterday i lost her coz she lost her tracks but i found her again ! so how should i train not to go out???only on command ??!

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
My advice to you would be not to leave your door open! You can teach her not to go out except when commanded but it won't be easy - she's going to want to explore the outside world.

However, it can be taught. You will have to make sure she is really good at `sit/stay' or even just `stay' first, though.

Do you know how to teach these commands?

bouly86

weel i thaught her the sit and stay ! but i am stay in the stay ! coz sometimes she doesnt respond to the stay command! so if there's a stay advice i could use it :)! and i won't leave the door opened ! but i'd like to teach not to go on command it's better :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Well if she is not listening to you than you the not the "alpha" dog. If that is the case then you need to put her on a NILIF(nothing in life is free).

bouly86

Lizmo said:
Well if she is not listening to you than you the not the "alpha" dog. If that is the case then you need to put her on a NILIF(nothing in life is free).
what do you really mean by that ! it's my first dog ever ! need a little help with that! thanks anyways

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Okay a NILIF is where the dog does not get ANY thing enless she does something like have her sit for the food bowl, wait at the door for you to go out first, ect. Also since this is your first pup a would recommind that you enroll in a basic training class. You can go to petsmart for this but make sure that the trainer is very good. I use petsmart training for my dog and have a very good trainer. What you should look for in a trainer is 1) they know what they are doing. 2) they are not going to let more than 6-8 dogs in the training class at one time(trust me you do not want more than that!). 3) they are will to get down and help you teach your dog the commands. 4) they are willing to answer any questions you have. 5) they have a nice and willing to help you with your dog personality. Also they want to make it fun and a good time for you and your dog!!! If you have any more questions feel free to ask!!! Good Luck!!

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Get a good storm door which has a nice big window with a screen. Make sure the screen isnt too low so your dog cannot bust out of it.

Members online

No members online now.