Need Help finding puppy!

This is my first time looking for a puppy and my mom is allergic to them but I'm looking for a dog that doesn't bark a lot and is great with strangers and other animals. I want a smaller size dog like a cock-a-poo but I love Siberian Huskies and Alaska Malamutes. Any suggestions?

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Well, how are you going to keep a dog, if your mom's allergic to them? Any properly trained dog can be good with strangers and other animals. I'd suggest a Poodle, but, do your dog research before buying one!

Saje

Island dweller
Are you still living with your mom? Will she have much contact with the dog? What is she allergic too? Skin? Hair? ... Where will the dog be living? How much time will you be able to spend with the pup?

they're called hypo-allergenic. and well, it will be living in the same house so she probably will have some contact with it.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
my brother recently got a Italian Greyhound Puppy to do agility with.
They have extremly short thin coat (his puppy alreayd has three little sweaters he has to wear). They shed very little and produce almost no odor. The biggest they get is 8lbs and 15 in not too big at all really. It is a companion type dog and does not need excesive excersise and can do well in city areas. They can be shy though although my brothers Puppy is far from shy. its is thin boned though and a bit delicate.

Great dogs though.

Saje

Island dweller
BeautifulSilence said:
they're called hypo-allergenic. and well, it will be living in the same house so she probably will have some contact with it.
So do you know that she's allergic to? The skin or the hair or what?

Purr

~3 Mutts~
BeautifulSilence, there is no such thing as a hypo allergenic dog. I suggested the poodle, because they don't shed, and are generally better for people with allergies than most other breeds. But, they aren't hypo allergenic.

I am well aware that there isn't a dog that is actually non-allergic. But there ar hypo-allergenic dogs. At least that's what they're called.

Saje

Island dweller
Did you read that thread i gave you? We just went through it a couple of days ago and you'll get plenty of advice there.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
BeautifulSilence said:
I am well aware that there isn't a dog that is actually non-allergic. But there ar hypo-allergenic dogs. At least that's what they're called.
Yes, they are sometimes called that. But, they are not "hypo allergenic", even though they are called that by some.

Hmmm....well, I kinda need more info than 'good for people with allergies, doesn't bark, small in size, and needs to like strangers.' to be of more help.
What kind of activity level are you looking for?
What kind of trainability level?
Have you owned a dog before? If not, do you feel you could controll a more dominant dog like a Rottweiler?
How much grooming are you willing to do?
What age of kids will this dog come into contact with?

I'd stay away from the cock-a-poo and other poo and doodle "breeds". They are bred by Back Yard Breeders and since they don't have fixed genes, they can and most likely will shed. And hybrid vigor is nonsence.
So try to answer my questions and I'll see if I can help you out more.

Saje

Island dweller
Rose's Gal said:
Hmmm....well, I kinda need more info than 'good for people with allergies, doesn't bark, small in size, and needs to like strangers.' to be of more help.
What kind of activity level are you looking for?
What kind of trainability level?
Have you owned a dog before? If not, do you feel you could controll a more dominant dog like a Rottweiler?
How much grooming are you willing to do?
What age of kids will this dog come into contact with?

I'd stay away from the cock-a-poo and other poo and doodle "breeds". They are bred by Back Yard Breeders and since they don't have fixed genes, they can and most likely will shed. And hybrid vigor is nonsence.
So try to answer my questions and I'll see if I can help you out more.
And in addition:
How much time will you be spending with the pup per day?
Who will be the primary caregiver?
Does your family support you?
Do you have other animals in the house?
How much time will you be spending walking him/her?
Who will be cleaning up all the puppy messes? Pee, poo, things he chewed up...

I have no other animals and I have school therefore, the dog will have to be spending a lot of time on it's own. I don't want to groom it a lot either.

A lot of people don't get dogs because they're going to be spending all their time with them? Why I am getting a dog is not the reason I put this thread up.

Saje

Island dweller
Ok. So you don't want our help. You don't answer our questions. You are obviously not prepared to have a dog. You don't want to put time into your dog. Puppies are a lot of work. Do your research. Read past threads. Especially from BigDog and some of the other young members you got puppies.

I think I'm done.

Members online

No members online now.