Trick of the week!

Catsi

Okay, after much fighting with the YouTube mobile site.

Here's Tipper (sorry for the sniffling I just came inside and its really cold today).

And here's Murph. In this one I'm sorry for the yelling. Lol.

ETA: Murphy kept biting my hand. And I'm luring instead of shaping because I don't want Tipper to spend the entire time barking at me, and I don't want Murphy to scratch me. Lol.
Tipper is so keen! Murphy can hold the position really well - he must be pretty strong.

Catsi

Here's an older video of Zing's sit up, it was free shaped. My hands are close to her after giving the cue so that I can reward quickly, but they do not need to be there to get her into position. We are working on balance, she is a bit better now than this video but I think it's going to be a gradual thing for her. I'll post a new video tonight of both girls.
Love Zinga - this may seem an odd thing to say, but I'm amazed at how flexible and bendy she is! That was really nice to watch.

Catsi

Last night I had kind of given up on Pip doing this. At times he seemed really unhappy about it. But after digging out my clicker today I decided to give it another try. I don't know what possessed me to take this video in my pajamas, and once again I am squealing like a little girl... but with the clicker he caught on so fast, and this is the first time that he got both feet off the floor so I'm posting it anyway. :p
Love it when the penny drops! Go Pip!

Catsi

Here is Pentti's 3rd session. He's getting it, too! I love working him. He's such a good boy. Though he still has a bad habit of snapping at treats when he's super excited :eek:
I loved watching Kimma and Pentti's progression. :)

I will catch up with some more of these vids tomorrow and my video camera is on charge so we will see how Abby and I fare tomorrow!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Squash was completely unenthusiastic about this today, so he's either bored with it or I think he might even be a little muscle sore from working that core so enthusiastically for the previous two or three days in a row.
I think Frodo is having the sore core issue as well. He's like "Look, I know what you want me to do, but this is easier and doesn't hurt!" lol
So we've been taking it easy and just throwing in one or two reps in the middle of a bunch of other easy stuff that doesn't use core strength. Also why we haven't had any more videos.

He's definitely catching on better though!

What day of the week are we calling the "end" and posting final videos?

SaraB

I think Frodo is having the sore core issue as well. He's like "Look, I know what you want me to do, but this is easier and doesn't hurt!" lol
So we've been taking it easy and just throwing in one or two reps in the middle of a bunch of other easy stuff that doesn't use core strength. Also why we haven't had any more videos.

He's definitely catching on better though!

What day of the week are we calling the "end" and posting final videos?
That's something to be aware of. With any of the physically difficult tricks, be sure to keep sessions short. If your dogs seems unwilling or less eager to continue with the trick, don't push them. Building up strength slowly is important.

I think on Friday I will post the next trick and that will be the last day to submit videos for the current trick.

As far as the next trick goes, is everyone ok with spin? This can be done bidirectional, or you can just work on one direction. Lure or free shape. It's another great one for conditioning and stretching, a great warm up for physical activities.

milos_mommy

Spin sounds great for the next trick.

I procrastinated so hard with this week and now both dogs are vomiting and don't feel like training :( I might have to clicker train the cat.

Catsi

That's something to be aware of. With any of the physically difficult tricks, be sure to keep sessions short. If your dogs seems unwilling or less eager to continue with the trick, don't push them. Building up strength slowly is important.

I think on Friday I will post the next trick and that will be the last day to submit videos for the current trick.

As far as the next trick goes, is everyone ok with spin? This can be done bidirectional, or you can just work on one direction. Lure or free shape. It's another great one for conditioning and stretching, a great warm up for physical activities.
Spin is a great idea - we have one direction going ok, but I can start working on the other direction. I better get a move on with sit pretty lol! I'm annoyed I came in so late! ;) House-sitting with no net!

Ok, Juno's beg is adorable and she's doing it so good!

Here's Didgie today. Mainly I just wanted to get her outside and doing it around distraction.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2DLBEfx8qy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

monkeys23

CUTE. Also your training voice is awesome. :p
Haha, thanks! :)

I wanted to do another session last night, but didn't because I didn't want to make them too sore. And this morning we had our weekly private lesson, so hopefully can get some video tonight when I go home to eat dinner!

Totally down for doing spin for the next one! Thats something we haven't done at all yet, so should be fun. :D

Lyzelle

I'm down for spin! Zander has one direction pretty solid, but the other we have issues with.

Didgie and Zinga make me want a K/Coolie. So. Bad. The work ethic!

Catsi

Ok, sessions 1 and 2. I decided to go with targeting. My target stick is huge lol - I never got around to making or getting a smaller one.
I'm very happy with Abby's targeting but not so happy with my positioning of the target!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PP4WBbWbVKs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry about the cutting off of her cute little head in the second video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8RdiBl6QLak?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit - Ok, all fixed now. We had a lot of fun this morning. Will see how we go again this afternoon.

Last edited:

Members online