Neutering- My faith in mankind was restored.

Shadow is booked in on friday to be spayed (im really nervous for her!) it was going to cost me £170 at my local vet. My Auntie told me that when she had her maltese neutered it only cost her £10! She had a voucher from the National Canine Defense Leauge (www.dogstrust.org.uk) she gave me a phone number for the rep in my area to see if I could find out if I could get it cheaper. So I rang the number and got through to a very helpful lady, she took my details and asked me if I was receiving any means tested benefits, I told her I wasnt, and she advised me that they do send people vouchers, so they can get discount of the neutering operation (to encourage people to neuter), but its only for people on benefits. She told me it should cost around £100 for shadow to be neutered. When I told her how much I'd been quoted she couldnt believe it. She said that the NCDL was operating a scheme with my local council, and even though I wasnt on benefits, she'd send me a voucher any way. I couldnt believe it she was so kind! So now the operation is only going to costme £25 instead of a wopping £170.

I just wanted ot share this story and say that she made me realise that there are still good, kind people in the world.

Also if your from the UK and are thinking of getting a dog, visit their site www.dogstrust.org.uk, they show pictures of dogs up for adoption, and also pictures of dogs who you can sponser, because they cant be rehomed.

Athe

Good for you. Now you can take the money you "expected" to pay and buy some nice gifts for your pup ;)

Staff online

Members online