Cats Peed on My Bed!

GOMO1313

Hi this is BAiley's mom and I wrote about him eating the cat's liter..ugh well anyway I think that problem is solved as I keep the cover on box and gate that only cats can jump over. Now cats are getting even...last 2 days my bed had been peed on and I thought it was Bailey as he gets in bed after he does his business in am. After doing bed linens for the last 2 days I kept Bailey in crate and under my close eye when out so this am i went back to make up bed, leaving Bailey in den w/door closed...and there in hall way were the 2 cats with egg on their faces! When I went to make up bed..found the wet spots again...luckily it didn't get down to mattress or pad this time. So needless to say I am now doing bed linens again today..any suggestions again will be helpful.:yikes:

mjb

My cat quit going in the box for a very short time when we put a cover on it. Once we removed the cover, the problem was solved.

The only other time I've had a problem, the cat had a kidney infection. That was very serious. He was very sick.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Make sure there aren't any health problems.... I wouldn't simply write it off as having issues with the pup until they've been evaluated by a vet. (I was peed on by a cat that had a very bad UTI.. yep, he hopped on me and peed on me in my sleep....)

It could be the cover on the box.. I'd take it off. I would also add a second box.

If the vet check is fine, Just put a plastic cover on your bed and give them some time. Stress does funny things to kitties.

mjb

I had also thought the cat was acting out because of the dog when he started going other places than his box. He was pretty sick when we did take him to the vet.

It was our other cat who refused to go in a box with a lid. We didn't realize this until she started going elsewhere. She was still young enough that we thought she didn't recognize it with the lid. When we took her over to show her it was her litter box, she slashed and diced us to keep from being put in the box with the cover on it!! We took the cover off, and in she went.

Members online

No members online now.