Problems with Gus!

Ever since we got "Gus", our new mini Dachshund a few months ago, we've been struggling with problems with him being aggressive to Jackson Browne, our other Dachshund. He also WILL NOT leave the cats alone!!! When I have Gus in my lap and Jackson Browne comes near me, Gus attacks him very vicously. I've been working with him constantly every day and it just doesn't seem to be getting better at all. It's gotten to the point where it is effecting Jackson Browne emotionally. Also, the poor cats don't want to even come out of the bedroom. I'm not sure what to do. I called and spoke to the lady at the shelter where we got Gus and she told me that there is a waiting list to adopt Dachshund's if we will be unable to keep him. I want to give a little more time though.

Fran27

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I agree that if it doesn't get better it would be better to find him a new home though :( Hopefully he will get over it...

That's what I'm inclined to think. I think he'd be better off in a home where there are no cats and if there is another dog...it would have to be like our Corgi, Chloe and be able to hold her own. She isn't bothered by him at all when he growels and attacks her....she just growels right back at him and puts him in his place.

Members online

No members online now.