Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

Taqroy

I can post pictures of Tipper when we got her that would compare to RC's GSD. But that's not the point of this thread (since Tipper is now fat (too fat) and happy). I understand not wanting to read the whole thread but maybe listening when people explain what's going on with the new posts isn't too much to ask?

Now back to your regularly scheduled GANGNAM STYLE.

Don't judge me.

yoko

I can post pictures of Tipper when we got her that would compare to RC's GSD. But that's not the point of this thread (since Tipper is now fat (too fat) and happy). I understand not wanting to read the whole thread but maybe listening when people explain what's going on with the new posts isn't too much to ask?

Now back to your regularly scheduled GANGNAM STYLE.

Don't judge me.
FAVORITE!

How about a parody or two?

Minnesota Style (actually done quite well)
http://youtu.be/x0z078OcLbM

Pusheen Style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM-cn09jHPI
The minnesota style cracked me up XD

I did like the Pikachu in Pusheen Style though :D

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I was commenting on the pic shown, thanks for explaining, tho there was no need to.

JessLough, while I agree many can say "have had dogs xxx years", which doesn't necessarily equate to knowledge, suffice it to say, I just don't feel the need to justify or print out my credentials/accomplishments when it comes to gsd's..(and honestly I am not saying this to sound snotty/stuck up/know it all just explaining a little:)
skirting the question in pure political fashion, sorry but i found this rather amusing. i dont mind saying that while i am no expert, i have had dogs for 20 some-odd years, only two of those dogs (bear & Izze) were from breeders, all the others were rescued or found their way to me somehow, some of them did come to me looking like Bullseye did in that first pic the breeder took the day he was returned, the dobe i had was a hard keeper as was the GSD rescue i had, & even with a healthy diet, they looked much like Judge did in that pic at times.

a dog's weight isnt a constant, some you can feed a constant X amount of feed & be ok, but most arent. Josefina's ration changes from day to day depending on how hot or cold it is, she generally eats less on hot days.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Oh. My. God. :rofl1::rofl1:
Right?! :p

I love that their dance scene is shot in the parking ramp of Mall of America. What is probably worse is that I can TELL that it's the parking lot of MOA.

ETA: Also the outfit isn't as good, but I think the dance and the facial expression in the elevator scene is actually better in the Minnesota Style one.

Taqroy

Right?! :p

I love that their dance scene is shot in the parking ramp of Mall of America. What is probably worse is that I can TELL that it's the parking lot of MOA.

ETA: Also the outfit isn't as good, but I think the dance and the facial expression in the elevator scene is actually better in the Minnesota Style one.
I can't top that, but I bring you this.

It reminds me of Tipper.

Jynx

skirting the question in pure political fashion, sorry but i found this rather amusing
It wasn't meant to be amusing, if you have a problem with my comments or opinions that's your problem not mine. I was being genuine and not snarky, if it's amusing to you , so be it, you want to harp on it, go ahead, I'm over it, RC answered, I accepted her answer. Maybe it's time for a cup of tea:)

done with the drama:)

Doberluv

I think having been involved in dogs for a lot of years raises the odds significantly that someone has piled up a lot of knowledge. People who have had dogs for a lot of years have likely been through a lot of trial and error and learned from it. They have experienced perhaps many temperaments and learned how to read dogs quite well and experienced many different situations and learned from them.

I'm not saying that a less experienced person doesn't learn fast and perhaps catch up quickly. Or maybe they might even have a mentor or go to classes where they may learn at an accelerated rate. But generally someone who has been involved in dogs for many years probably has acquired enough experiences to be able accumulate a lot of information. Not always. We sure know about those old school, compulsive, yank and crank, intimidate folks who, because they had dogs for a lot of years think they know it all. It's not ALL about the length of time someone has had dogs. There are many factors that play into what someone knows. Someone could have gone to school for a few years, but winds up being more knowledgeable than someone who had dogs for a long time. Of course, I'm a firm believer in the more sources to gain knowledge, the better....like say, school and hands on.

People who have installed irrigation systems for many years are probably more experienced and knowledgeable than someone who has just begun to install them. If I hire someone to put in hardwood floors or a new roof on my house, I'm going to look for people who have been doing it for a long time.

And of course it doesn't mean that someone who has been in dogs for a long time couldn't be a psychopath and abuse them. Or a hoarder and have dogs living in horrible conditions. I guess my post was sort of generally speaking.;)

Members online

No members online now.