Favorite dog-related companies

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I'm working on finding more sponsors for Team Menapode so that we can attend more than 2 or 3 events this year and I'm trying to contact as many good companies as I can to increase my chances of success. I know there are a number of gear fanatics here, so figured I'd get the collective Chaz mind going on any companies I'm missing. ;)

Contacted so far:
Cold Nose College (single event sponsor)
Honest Kitchen (limited product sponsor)
NorthWest Naturals
ChuckIt (one time toy donation)
West Paw Designs
Crypton
JW Pet
CloudStar (no)
Zukes (no)
Barking Deals
Wet Noses
PetPlan
PLAY (no)
Orvis
SitStay (no)
Kong (no)
Nylabone
Hurtta & Co.
Crazy Dog
FetchDog (submitted my request to their annual review process)

Wait List: (I don't like to submit inquires to too many similar companies at once)
Dogwise
Entirely Pets
Clean Run
Grandma Lucy’s
Stella and Chewy’s

Ready? Go!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Planet Dog only handles 501c3 requests. :(

ZiwiPeak and Primal will go on my wait list until I hear back from my other food companies. I do know that Primal sponsors another dock diving team I met this weekend. :) Dog food seems to be a common sponsor category; darn being so picky about what the dogs eat! LOL

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Wonder if Newman's Own does any? I would totally go around telling everybody I was sponsored by Paul Newman if they did. He was so awesome.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
How are you formatting your sponsorship request?

Have you tried hitting foods more?

I have several friends who are sponsored by THK, Primal, and Natural Balance.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
What do you mean by formatting, Adrianne? I have a basic email to which I attach a customized cover letter and a informational packet with details on the sport, demographics, team statistics, and sponsorship levels.

I haven't hit up more food companies because I really would prefer to not feed kibble exclusively and I'm sending inquiries to one food company at a time so that I don't end up pissing anyone off if someone wants to have exclusivity.

Out of curiosity, how are your friend's food sponsorships set up? Do they cover all the food, or just some? I'm curious to hear what others are getting.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ruffwear has a program for working dogs/animal professionals that I already participate in. Dog.com hasn't replied to my initial inquiry (I should add them to the list tho so I don't accidentally duplicate the contact lol).

Red Chrome

Have you tried EzyDog?

I am also curious how your sponsorship is being presented as I am doing something similar this year for Schutzhund REgionals.

JacksonsMom

Dura Doggie? They make those nebo balls or whatever. Ummm... Planet Dog? Does Fetching Tags do stuff like that? No idea.

Members online

No members online now.