Riding Billie without tack

GoingNowhere

She was a good girl! I've never taken the halter off w/o a rope before, but she was great. We put the halter back on before the canter, which was good, because she got a little worked up! :) But otherwise, she was perfect. :D

Sorry for the awful video quality - the lighting in the ring is terrible.

YouTube - billie bareback&bridleless

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5LPFb0VL120&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5LPFb0VL120&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Beautiful!

I rode my old Appy girl tackless a few times. It was wonderful feeling that bond between us, and the simplicity of directional commands.

GoingNowhere

Thanks! And I know what you mean - even though it doesn't look like much, we have both come SUCH a long way.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
What an awesome horse, with an awesome rider!

Billie is gorgeous... Appaloosas are always the sweetest. I used to lease an Appy mare who looked a lot like her, and she was the most reliable, kind little horse. :)

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
You have a wonderful seat on her! :)

Varnish apps are adorable! :) I miss my Leopard appy so much. He was sold before I moved to be with my (now) husband.

Lovely video! You can tell you two have a connection.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
oh that is awesome. Beautiful Appy. Isnt riding them bareback and brideless just the best feeling ever. I remember doing that with my old Arabian. Who I miss like crazy. Good Job! That is not an easy thing to accomplish.

GoingNowhere

thank you all so much! SummerRiot - you just taught me something new! :) I've been trying to figure out what Billie's coat pattern is for some time now. She has a blanket, but is also roaning and gets whiter and whiter every year. I looked up "varnish appys" and that's totally her!

I haven't met many appys, but if most of them are half as great as Billie, I love the breed! :) They have such personality and attitude, but also so trusting.

Members online

No members online now.