The Venting Thread

BostonBanker

Another morning started in tears, an escape from this disgusting and broken house, return only lends itself to tears and crashing onto the floor. This cannot be happening.

Thank you all, I want to leave, I want to get to Alaska, I want to hide, but I can barely be here to clean up and pack. I keep finding blood we missed.

It's so quiet here.
I wish kind words and love and support could fix things. There is so much of all three for you guys right now, but I know things don't work that way. I hope this chance to get away to Alaska gives you all some time to begin your recovery. You guys have been in my thoughts constantly the last few days.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Another morning started in tears, an escape from this disgusting and broken house, return only lends itself to tears and crashing onto the floor. This cannot be happening.

Thank you all, I want to leave, I want to get to Alaska, I want to hide, but I can barely be here to clean up and pack. I keep finding blood we missed.

It's so quiet here.
Dear God, I can't imagine. :( ((((((((hugs))))))))

I hope you will have a safe and wonderful time in Alaska, where maybe you will be able to start to find peace again.

Snark

Mutts to you
Didn't see this until the other post by Hillside. I don't know what to say, Adrianne, so terribly, terribly sorry for you and Denis and the girls. (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

GoingNowhere

I have no vent, but just wanted to say I am so so sorry and I can't even pretend to imagine what you're going through. But even despite having never met you or either of your boys, there is sadness being felt for all of you from Virginia. And around the rest of the country, I am sure.

Ugh! The neighbor is throwing a fit about the fence we're building. We can only afford to do a little at a time so right now it's about halfway down our property on each side. We compromised and we put it about 10 feet from the property line - which is only hurting us. We've started another section and he's over here again. I can't believe it. Apparently, he just doesn't like fences. But I'd like to actually let my dogs loose in my yard without them running away. That's more than I can say for the people on the other side of him. They never leash their dogs and they always end up in my yard. We've had a lot of close calls with my dogs almost attacking them. My dogs were chained in my yard. I'd like to prevent that from happening again.

To top it all off he just asked if there was an ordinance regarding how many dogs and cats someone can have. Now, working at the shelter for 2 years and a local rescue for 2 more, no there isn't. And even if there was, the city nor the county would enforce it. They're the kind of backwoods law enforcement who shoot animals rather than take them to the shelter.

So now, even if the cops won't do anything about my animals, I'm a bit worried all around. As weird as some people think it is, I have four cats who live outside in a large enclosure and also three dogs who live inside the house. They don't bother anyone. Maybe he's just trying to scare me. I wish he'd just leave us alone. He's 92 years old. I don't know why he's caring so much.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Too freaking HOT. And the humidity. Oh dear lord.

I'm hoping that by 10pm maybe it'll be bearable enough for a walk. :rolleyes:

CaliTerp07

A la Rory Gilmore:

Rory: Oh my God, I just got hit by a deer!
Lane: You hit a deer?
Rory: No, I got hit by a deer!
Lane: How do you get hit by a deer?
Rory: I was at a stop sign and it hit me.
And then on the way home with giant deer dent in the side of my less than 3 months old car, someone rear ended us. So now I am dealing with the insurance agents from two separate companies, processing two separate claims and sets of damages. Lovely.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
[QUOTEmualiTerp07;2287766]A la Rory Gilmore:

And then on the way home with giant deer dent in the side of my less than 3 months old car, someone rear ended us. So now I am dealing with the insurance agents from two separate companies, processing two separate claims and sets of damages. Lovely.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh my god. I'm sorry, that suuucks :(

DJEtzel

I'm wearing uncomfortable interview clothes and I've been at the Secretary of State for almost an hour already... With at least an hour to wait.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
To top it all off he just asked if there was an ordinance regarding how many dogs and cats someone can have. Now, working at the shelter for 2 years and a local rescue for 2 more, no there isn't. And even if there was, the city nor the county would enforce it. They're the kind of backwoods law enforcement who shoot animals rather than take them to the shelter.

So now, even if the cops won't do anything about my animals, I'm a bit worried all around. As weird as some people think it is, I have four cats who live outside in a large enclosure and also three dogs who live inside the house. They don't bother anyone. Maybe he's just trying to scare me. I wish he'd just leave us alone. He's 92 years old. I don't know why he's caring so much.
I worry about this guy, it's this type of neighbor that would throw rat poison over your fence :(

I also understand about "backwoods " LE, here we don't even have that its like 20 county cops for the entire county & no SPCA, sadly farmers just shoot dogs on sight :( & city folk think the "country" is a great place to dump their unwanted animals :(

I worry about this guy, it's this type of neighbor that would throw rat poison over your fence :(

I also understand about "backwoods " LE, here we don't even have that its like 20 county cops for the entire county & no SPCA, sadly farmers just shoot dogs on sight :( & city folk think the "country" is a great place to dump their unwanted animals :(
Oh no! Don't scare me like that. Now I'm going to be even more paranoid.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Arguing you have no alternative BUT to use a certain 'training aid' makes me LOL a lot as they're banned here and it makes me wonder how you think we survive without them.... Seriously, you're just blind to alternatives!! Or lazy...

It might make him a busybody, even a jerk, but I don't think I'd jump to assumptions that he'd poison an animal...
Yes to this.

Honestly, having multiple older neighbors and a grandmother who is in her 90s, generally speaking they have a hard time dealing with change. Seeing a fence go up where there has not been one is a change and probably causes a bit of nostalgia for him as well. Does NOT make him in the right to complain in any way or any easier to deal with but patience is your friend here.

Members online

No members online now.