What could he be?

This is my new dog, Deputy, we got him for free from a lady that could no longer keep him because she had too many dogs. Before anyone attacks her, she rescued them all from shelters that were going to put them down.:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here he is, sorry for the quality, my camera died so I had to use my phone.

He is about 75lbs,brindle w/white front legs. He coat is short and he keeps his ears sorta on the back of his head, if that makes sense. He also sorta has a bushy tail.

Lolas Dad

My guess is pit, shepard, lab mix. But that's all it is just a guess and not in that exact order :)

Deputy's owner came today and brought some pictures with her.

The big white dog behind him is a Pyr X

And here is a head shot.

lizzybeth727

I saw a dog that looked kind of like that in a shelter, the shelter called it an anatolian mix. *shrugs* Plotts are relatively common around here, that's probably your best bet.... it just looks like his coat is thicker than most plotts'.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
he has an awful lot of bone, fur and a funny shepherd-y head for a plott... but what do i know? ;)

Miakoda

he has an awful lot of bone, fur and a funny shepherd-y head for a plott... but what do i know? ;)
I was kind of thinking that as well. Other than being brindle, which many breeds and mixed breeds are, he doesn't look like any Plott Hound I've ever personally seen and met.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
I've seen quite a few Plott mixes (Plott dam was confirmed, the sire was unknown) and they looked similar to this dog. Plott mixes were very popular where I grew up ... often mixed with GSD or Chow. Also, we were dealing with way out of standard hunting Plotts, so the look would be different from a conformationally correct Plott ...

Members online

No members online now.