Finding a brother/sister for Brodie

juxtapoz15

I am currently looking for a playmate for my 11 month old male Jug (Jack Russell/Pug). Right now he is such a crazy dog and loves to play every second my wife and I are home. We were hoping to get a dog that would be able to keep up with him, but maybe also be able to calm him down a little. We are looking for another dog about the same size, he is about 16 pounds now. I've heard that getting a female would help since there would not be any dominance issues. Also I've heard to avoid getting another Terrier for the same reason. Does anyone have any reccommendations on breed and sex? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A female Pug might be a good choice, especially if you could find one through a rescue that is about the same age. He should be a sturdy little dog though, so a dog that's larger might also be a good choice.

My sister adopted an adult female German Shepherd, Obie. Obie's a HUGE help with her Jack Russell!

juxtapoz15

Thanks for the information! Is it a bad idea getting a full blooded pug since they have so many health problems? Also would it be a bad idea getting a younger dog, like maybe a few months old?

A younger dog wouldn't be bad. Really, at 11 months old, and being a Pug/Jack Russell mix, your little guy should be pretty affable.

As far as getting a Pug goes, it's like so many other breeds - you just have to check things out.

A Sheltie or Corgi wouldn't be bad choices either. One of the best ideas might be to check shelters for the right dog.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Take you dog with you to a shelter and see who he picks!! :D

Members online

No members online now.