Ear gluing.

I was reading on how people train their Sheltie and Welsh Terrier ears.

I read more and more and I came to thinking, Zelda has a dumb ear.
So I looked up Saffie/Pit Bull ear gluing.

Then I looked at what they recommended... and I bought it.

Do you think I'm mean trying to change how her ears are naturally? It just bugged me, and its too late to go the cropping route.

Also, I'm kind of sick of hearing "Aww what a cute little boxer pup!"
Im proud of my breed. XD
Shes not a boxer. lol. Although, they are cute.
The rose prick ears really help in identifying correctly.

The one ear is still a little reluctant to fix all the way. I'm assuming its going to take a few days.

So here it is.

Before:

After:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Nope, not mean. We taped Trey's ears until he was pretty old. It takes quite some time, though. Be prepared for maintenance. I wish we would've stuck it out and continued taping nikki's ears. Now she has one up and one down. Oh well. It's kind of cute.

RD

Are you dead yet?
If it doesn't bother her, I don't see why not. Certainly less stressful than cropping, and I agree with you about Pit Bulls needing rose ears, lol.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
no way. of course you are not mean. i love Ruckus to death but as soon as i seen him (4 months old) i said "whoa we need to fix those ears" and started gluing, bracing, taping, you name it. now his ears look great and i am proud of him. i love having pride in my dog and i love having a sheltie that is as close to picture perfect as possible. nothing is wrong with fixing a dogs ears. people crop and dock dogs and that requires surgery. gluing etc takes just some patience

milos_mommy

since Zelda's just a pet dog, i don't think i see the full purpose in glueing her ear, but i don't think it's mean, and if it'll help people see her as a wonderful example of the pittie breed, then i think it's a good idea.

Her ears were awfully darn cute, though.

bubbatd

Sorry .... I like the before !!! ( personally don't like little rose ears ) She's cute no matter what though .

TopShelfPets

Thread Killer
I don't think it's mean, so long as it doesn't hurt her, and she's not bothered by it.

BUT i think it's unique, and adorable the way her ears cock and flop. (did not mean that to sound dirty!)

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
When I picked up Tosca, her ears were taped and bound. It was very hot out and he ears were sweaty and she was constantly scratching at them. I took them off and never looked back. Now she has one ear up and one ear down too, and I couldn't care less. I think it's very cute and since she is never going to be near a show ring except as a drive-by, who cares.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
As she's a pet dog, I don't see much purpose, but I don't think you're mean, as long as it doesn't bother or hurt her.
When I picked up Tosca, her ears were taped and bound. It was very hot out and he ears were sweaty and she was constantly scratching at them. I took them off and never looked back. Now she has one ear up and one ear down too, and I couldn't care less. I think it's very cute and since she is never going to be near a show ring except as a drive-by, who cares.
Yep! And I love Tosca's ears :D

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Tosca says Thank You Mom! I figure she has the best of both worlds. I never could figure out which way I liked her ears better, how accomodating she is! LOL. Go ahead. Pick an ear.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
As for a pet dog it is just done for aesthetics. It's not hard to keep up or anything and it really doesn't sem to bother them at all. Just depends on your preferences and if you are willing and able to put the time and effort into maintaining it. I don't care one way or another about pet dogs being taped. It looks fine either way. Nik's prick ear gives her character imo, but I love the fact that Trey's ear taping looks nicer than many shelties in the ring. LOL

Taped v not taped (at least not taped long enough)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Tosca says Thank You Mom! I figure she has the best of both worlds. I never could figure out which way I liked her ears better, how accomodating she is! LOL. Go ahead. Pick an ear.
How could I pick one? The combo gives her even more personality. . .gosh I love that face. :D

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Well hey, I could ship her to you for a couple of months. She doesn't require much. Good food, home made biscuits, spring water, her own entrance, 32" Flat Screen TV on Animal Planet 24/7, her own human double bed. Just the regular stuff.:lol-sign:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
She and Nik could trade ears. That way one could have a set of nice prick ears and the other nice semi-prick ears. ;)

showpug

It's not mean. I have always taped my pugs' ears and my bulldog came to me with her ears glued into the rose position...

Members online

No members online now.