Skijor - FINALLY

I've been planning to skijor since bringing Squash home almost 2 years ago. Last year we didn't get enough snow, and scootering kind of turned into the main mushing event instead of training for skijoring.

But finally I got out there behind a dog today. I'm so proud of how she did, the snow isn't in the greatest condition and the noise of the skis bothered her a little bit but she still was amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F8hcHxim6wQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We need some fresh snow before I'm brave enough to go with Squash. We had rain on top of snow and it isn't dangerous or anything, but just crusty enough to be too slippery for me to be willing to get behind the huge exuberant dog instead of the little businesslike dog. :p

What a little worker she is! I would have been nervous with the sound they were making! She was doing great. I love that picture of you two together.

Also: I WANT SNOW

Yea the skis were SO LOUD and it did make her a little nervous. At first she was staying off to the side of me, but she settled in pretty quickly. She did great.

Thanks you guys. It doesn't seem like much but it's been a long time coming.

She was very distracted by a squirrel while I was trying to take post-skijor victory pictures. :p But at least she wasn't doing her normal sad BUT THAT CAMERA WILL STEAL MY SOUL look. :p

Thanks, guys. :)

That video cracks me up!
Well I have misplaced the part of my GorillaPod that screws into the camera, so I was poling with both poles in one hand and holding the camera with the other... thus my girly little scream going down the very gentlest of inclines. :p (I'm replacing it today, hopefully.)

Maybe it was the sleep deprivation talking, but we had a fresh layer of nice fluffy snow this morning when I woke up so I decided to take Squash today. He did quite well. Once he got himself mentally situated and confident, he is WAAAAYYY faster than Maisy. Unfortunately, my camera battery ran out before then. :( But this is right at the start, anyway (literally, the parking lot is right behind us).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e2cx6C4gMOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Definitely needs some polish on a couple of commands when he's without big sister to keep him in line, but overall I'm very proud of him. He pulled me over a couple of times (once quite spectacularly), but I'm bendy and can take it. :D

SaraB

Jealous that you got to play out in the snow!! I wanted to try skijoring with the danes but that never happened, mostly because they were giant wusses in the cold.

I just keep getting crazier... er, braver and braver!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X5AZ_zfRgSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MtQKcFPmGdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So after our January thaw and deep freeze killed all the snow and outdoor fun for a few weeks, it snowed this last weekend. Two days in a row skijoring? Yes, I will take it.

This may not look like much. But I assure you, getting them to this point involved many, many a tangled clusterf$#k. I am very proud of them.

[YOUTUBE]E0EimbNgDkg[/YOUTUBE]

And I am very, very proud of ALL of us for this piece of smooth operation. It's taken me awhile to get my ski legs under me well enough to make a turn that nicely at speed. And they were just absolutely flawless on the turn.

[YOUTUBE]rB82wm8tD3I[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for looking!

Members online

No members online now.