Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

Doberluv

Jairi made this thread specifically as a cover for whatever she was planning to do with Bullseye. She never contacted Dianna to come get him. Here is Dianna's e-mail to me confirming this.

I feel like throwing up and punching something. She lied to us. She lied to everyone. She knew what she did was wrong and lied to cover it up. No matter how sick she is, she knew it was wrong. And I'm willing to bet he isn't her first victim. I just hope he's the last.
The bolded part: Here's the thing...imo, which I'll get to more in the following parts. She knew it was wrong in the sense that other people view it as wrong...so it must be wrong. My guess is though, that she didn't feel it. She knew it on an intellectual level and wanted to defend herself so she wouldn't get flack... or she wouldn't have tried to cover it up.

Originally Posted by Teal
He will not leave my sight. He will not let ME leave his sight, without pitching a fit. To sum it up on one word - this dog is obsessed. When I say that he is soft, I mean that if I even look at him wrong, he falls over himself, half-rolling over and half trying to keep eye contact with the tip of his tail wagging... begging for forgiveness for something he didn't even do. When I try to train him, he just falls into me and stares at me with lovey eyes. When I try to move, he leans into more. I should video it... I have NEVER met a dog like this in my life. And honestly - I don't know what the hell to do with it. No matter HOW I act to him, he does the same thing - falling over himself and me, staring at me like a lovestruck puppy... which I guess he is.
Going through this thread, and reading ALL posts from the start so I have a better idea of what's going on, and I just have to say THIS part kills me. How she can be so cold and incompassionate to a puppy that just wanted love. It sounds to me like he had the grounds for being a very devoted, loyal dog if the effort would have just been put in.
Yes, lots of puppies from all kinds of breeds start out that way. As they mature, they develop confidence and just figure out where they're going. (so to speak) This is a puppy thing...absolutely not necessarily an indication of how they're going to be when mature. I had a GSD that was just like that as a baby. He was just flat out silly that way, falling all over on his back. He grew up and was a very confident, not a bit shy, devoted protector. Yes, he did display on a couple of occasions very good protection drive...in real life! lol. (another story)

How someone can be that cold and in-compassionate to reject a puppy's plead for love and affection, Although I am not a psychologist or anything...... I suspect the answer is some kind of personality disorder.There are a few of those where empathy is absent and when that is the case, they can not recognize another's suffering or put themselves into another's shoes. AT ALL. :(It's very hard to relate to or picture when you aren't missing that essential human factor.

Romy

Taxiderpy
You can clearly tell her dogs are well fed, so I can see no abuse there. I'm sure they are healthy with everything they get up to.

You can't say these dogs are 'abused' without proof. I do believe they are just fine.
At the very least, I believe the breeders of her current dogs have the right to know the condition Teal put Bullseye in so that they can go check on the others in person if they want.

ETA: you also believed the fila was "just fine" until recently and was basing that on her photos as well. Just pointing that out.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
You can clearly tell her dogs are well fed, so I can see no abuse there. I'm sure they are healthy with everything they get up to.

You can't say these dogs are 'abused' without proof. I do believe they are just fine.
And see tons of proof.

Its funny, the ones who are defending her are the ones that happily leave dogs alone for 48 hours, and admit to smacking their dogs around. I think that's where the issue is.

Doberluv

Tahlzk, so you think it's okay to abuse or neglect one dog if one's other dogs are okay for now? Like...one out of 5 ain't bad. No, that's skewed thinking. One neglected, starved dog is ONE TOO MANY!

TahlzK

And see tons of proof.

Its funny, the ones who are defending her are the ones that happily leave dogs alone for 48 hours, and admit to smacking their dogs around. I think that's where the issue is.
So very sorry I don't have a issue with leaving my dog alone for a few hours if I need to make a trip somewhere, while they are being taken care of for some one else.

TahlzK

Tahlzk, so you think it's okay to abuse or neglect one dog if one's other dogs are okay for now? Like...one out of 5 ain't bad. No, that's skewed thinking. One neglected, starved dog is ONE TOO MANY!
No, I don't think it's alright to starve one dog but the fact is, even if this did happen, for whatever reason, some one shouldn't be banned from owning dogs for a one time offence. There's no proof her current dogs are neglected so there's no reason she shouldn't own these dogs and more in the future.

Red Chrome

The dog is in bad shape, I wasn't saying it isn't a abuse case.
Tahlia- I did not ruin anything for her. I passed information along. True verifiable information not heresay and drama. Hardcore evidence. I DID notify each and every dog's breeder if there was one. They can do what they wish with the information but at least they have it. When/If something happens to their dogs in her care, they can't say they weren't warned. They have been thoroughly warned. They are informed of the situation now.

BTW- I am STILL waiting for that PM from you.

HappyPuppy

I've been trying to stay out of this but............. after wading thru allllllllll of these pages, I just have to confirm that this 'revolving door' pattern with Jairi has been obvious for years on all of the forums. And Barbara and Tahlz, you (among a few others) are on my ignore list on several forums.... until you 'girls' get a little older and more experienced, I may start listening to you then.... I do understand how quickly weight can change but IMHO puppies should be chubby/healthy weight until like 5-6 months of age and then you can start streamlining them... There is still likely more to this story than is coming out but pix are sure hard to argue with!

M

MyHorseMyRules

Okay, let's just leave the petty personal attacks out of this...

TahlzK, maybe you're not understanding the reasoning here. We both agree that Fila was in terrible shape. Why did that happen? And if it can happen to one, what's to stop it from happening to another? So, yeah. I think the breeders should be made aware of the situation and be allowed to check the conditions of the dogs.

The thing is I don't think her other dogs look fine and healthy. There have been many pictures that have made me uncomfortable with their condition. Right on the edge of saying something.

There are also dogs that don't get pictured for lengths of time.

I do believe the Fila shows that she is capable of letting one of the dogs on her care get to that extreme example of neglect and therefore would more than likely be able to do it with her other dogs

Red Chrome

This just makes me sad :(
Dianna said anyone could contact her and talk directly with her about it.
TahlzK, maybe you're not understanding the reasoning here. We both agree that Fila was in terrible shape. Why did that happen? And if it can happen to one, what's to stop it from happening to another? So, yeah. I think the breeders should be made aware of the situation and be allowed to check the conditions of the dogs.

No, I don't think it's alright to starve one dog but the fact is, even if this did happen, for whatever reason, some one shouldn't be banned from owning dogs for a one time offence. There's no proof her current dogs are neglected so there's no reason she shouldn't own these dogs and more in the future.
How many times should it have to happen before it's a pattern instead of a one time occurrence? And how do the previous "revolving door" dogs not show a pattern instead of a one time occurrence?

Red Chrome

No, I don't need to do that. I just meant, this whole thread is sad.

Putting our past "issues" aside, I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was in your shoes.
Thank you. I am a dog lover first and foremost, hell I am a groomer, you HAVE to love dogs to do that! :lol-sign: But that said, I don't want to see this happen to another dog ever in her care. If it does, it will not be because I didn't get the information out there.

yoko

Are you proud of yourself RC? Destroying any reputation Teal had?

Her current dogs should stay where they are, they are healthy, they are worked with, they get tons of attention and love. She adores those dogs.
So very sorry I don't have a issue with leaving my dog alone for a few hours if I need to make a trip somewhere, while they are being taken care of for some one else.
I hope if you really are visiting you set up real care for your dogs and not the joke you left then with last time.

ACooper

How many times should it have to happen before it's a pattern instead of a one time occurrence? And how do the previous "revolving door" dogs not show a pattern instead of a one time occurrence?
Exactly.

Starvation is a slow, painful, horrible way to suffer. I don't see how you CAN'T be concerned for any other dog....or living creature....in her care :(

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I do understand how quickly weight can change but IMHO puppies should be chubby/healthy weight until like 5-6 months of age and then you can start streamlining them...
For what it's worth I disagree with this. I would never keep an active large breed puppy "chubby" at 4, 5, 6 months of age...and honestly it can be difficult to get them chubby even if you try. I know my FCR was thin at that age and she was eating 5 cups a day...but she was happy and healthy and maintained age-appropriate muscling so I wasn't worried about it and staying lean kept her own body from doing damage to growing joints as she zoomed and bounced her way through life. Her half-sister (now 4.5 months) is much the same and eating 4.5 cups of food per day.

However this is all beside the point of this thread. That puppy was, in the opinion of veterinary professionals as well as dog-savvy folks, dangerously emaciated. Very different scenario.

However you are a hardy soul for wading through all these pages!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.