The 'what's your thing' thread's evil twin.......

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I used to hate brushing when I had a collie...

...hence I now have dogs with wash and wear coats. :D

Bathing is rough since both of mine are convinced water is the devil *sigh*

B

Blue_Dog

Nails because it takes two people to do it and I always end up hurt somehow by my own fault. XD

And picking up poop, I'm hoping that what everyone says is true and raw poop just crumbles making that easier when we switch. lol

elegy

overdogged
Walks. Isn't that horrible? I just hate taking walks. I don't mind going to the park, hiking, or anything that can involve ball throwing or exploring but a mindless walk around a neighborhood? Shoot me now.
Me too. I hardly ever walk my dogs because it's boring as hell and I am constantly stressed about loose dogs.

Hiking is good. Walking around town is not for me.

Also, I HATE HATE HATE flea and tick medication. Steve needs to have it because he gets a lot of ticks and we have so much Lyme around here, but it is SO GROSS. I put it on all three dogs this morning since they're going to the boarding kennel next week, and then we went out to play in the backyard, and there is dust stuck to their greasy gross patches and it's just... UGH.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Um.... My situation right now is I play with Rosey and take her for hikes when I feel like it.

It's my sisters job to do all the walks, and my brothers job to feed her. It really is a perfect situation, I'm really not sure how I got out of all that seeing as she was gotten with me in mind :p

I guess I bathe her, but that's like, once a year in spring after shedding, and this year I just took her to the groomers cause I couldn't be bothered LOL. She is *really* good in the bath though, which is nice, she used to be horrible

Lyzelle

I guess I'm the weird one here. I LOVE grooming.

But I hate picking up poop. And we live on base in military housing, so it just makes it that much worse.

Dogs6

Plus One
Nails. I never worked with any of them as puppies and they're all terrible and no one wants to help me. Scamp bites as well and it just makes it impossible. I've given up and just make them walk on tarmac and throw them into the pen for a while to let them wear them down themselves.

Bathings horrible as well because there's so many dogs and no one helps. I bathed 5 dogs the other day and getting them all dried to bring into the house again was a nightmare!!

I quite like letting the dogs in with mud on they're paws :p it annoys my mum but since she's not the one that has to take 7 dogs (in 2 groups) out in the rain, she can suffer!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Picking up poop ugggghhhh. To make it more annoying, if I'm in the backyard then in Juno's mind this equals PLAYTIME and she runs around with toys in her mouth, whining, trying to figure out why I'm not playing.

I don't like grooming Lucy or clipping her nails. Too time consuming to brush, bathe, blow dry, brush again. Good thing she usually doesn't need much in between her groomer appointments. And she's a butthead about having her nails clipped. I don't mind these things with Juno because they're much easier to do with her.

Doberluv

Mmm Nails, I forget all the time. Right now all of my dogs have ugly nails.

I'm obsessive about poop pick up because we have a small yard in a crowded neighborhood with Las Vegas heats. I do however loathe it.

Walks. Isn't that horrible? I just hate taking walks. I don't mind going to the park, hiking, or anything that can involve ball throwing or exploring but a mindless walk around a neighborhood? Shoot me now. Sadly though that is about all Shamoo should be getting these days and I am slacking terribly.

That's so funny. It's really strange because for years I almost exclusively took hikes for walks, in the wilderness mountains right where I lived before moving here. I took bear pepper spray with me, the dogs ran off leash, but they had to mind me very well. I wouldn't see another soul almost always and we did this every day. Now, I've moved to western Wash in the suburbs and while there are still neat places to walk...hike etc, I do lots of short walks around the neighborhoods adjacent to mine. And when I visit my daughter in west Seattle, I love walking around her neighborhood because it's right next to the water and people have such nice places....beautiful established yards, cute white picket fences, roses like you wouldn't believe. And even in my area, I enjoy when I can stop and chat with someone (because there was NO ONE where I use to live. lol) And I can see what people are doing with their yards because I'm about to do some kind of landscaping with mine, so I get ideas.

It's certainly not the same thing at all as a mountain hike or walk on the beach. Those places are a must. But I actually don't mind walking around these neighborhoods either. Funny.

SaraB

Also, I HATE HATE HATE flea and tick medication. Steve needs to have it because he gets a lot of ticks and we have so much Lyme around here, but it is SO GROSS. I put it on all three dogs this morning since they're going to the boarding kennel next week, and then we went out to play in the backyard, and there is dust stuck to their greasy gross patches and it's just... UGH.
This!! I only put it on when absolutely necessary, then I don't pet my dogs anywhere except their heads for like a week.

Worst thing ever, greeting a clients dog and then realizing they just applied preventative and now it's all over your hands. EW.

crazedACD

This is the "What do you avoid" thread, LOL

Dog related chores and duties, which one do you hate the most?

For me it's wiping feet! I dread mud season..........in and out the back door, wiping feet every time or having to mop if you don't! BLAH!

I taught Orson to wipe his feet on the rug in the laundry room. He runs back and forth on it, and will even 'dig' his front feet on it when you tell him to wipe, but when it's very muddy out it's not enough.

I really wish there were some kind of automatic foot wiper for dogs that worked! I would totally invest in it! LOL
Spotted this at a trade show :confused: might be close to what you are looking for!
http://www.pawplunger.com/

I guess I'm the weird one here. I LOVE grooming.

But I hate picking up poop. And we live on base in military housing, so it just makes it that much worse.
Same here..grooming is great, I love doing nails. Poop is the worst..I don't see the point, I let it disintegrate considering we are on an acre.

Picking up poop - I don't know anyone who actually *likes" that.

Grooming - Jack's hair grows all over the place. I hate trimming it myself (although he's so incredibly good about grooming), and it looks so awful when I do it myself. We generally go the groomer route, because at least it looks good.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Idk if it counts but I HATE going to the Vet... I like my Vet and all, but it always takes hours & after going to the Vet twice in the last year for life-threatening issues with both of my dogs it puts me on edge. Luckily, my dogs are perfectly fine and behaved at the Vet. My Vet bills have also been about $5000 in the last year so that's awesome, too. -___- I just expect to be broke after going to the Vet now. And with Fozzie needing his lump removed, I'm stressed beyond belief.

I, too, hate wiping off muddy paws. My dogs get all fidgety after a while if I don't take them to the park to really run... so I still take them to the park in between rainstorms. I have to wipe off their paws 10 times getting in & out of the car and everything. I also have to wipe of Fozzie's tummy since it's so close to the ground and gets muddy/wet.

I can't believe so many people hate doing nails!!! It's one of my favorite dog chores, but I also love bathing & brushing them. Smooth, short nails and fur that smells like mangoes makes me love my dogs that much more. It's creepy, but if I forget to do their nails for a couple weeks, I find it so rewarding to take a lot off of their nails. I always call dibs on dogs with the Edward Scissorhands nails at work. bwahaha!

crysania

Baths and nails. Hate them both. I just take her to the groomer for both and let them deal with it.

crysania

Me too. I hardly ever walk my dogs because it's boring as hell and I am constantly stressed about loose dogs.

Hiking is good. Walking around town is not for me.

I love walks...around town, anywhere.

But I totally feel you on the flea/tick meds. I HATE THEM. I wish there was some sort of pill form (and I think there is for fleas) because putting that gross stuff on her back always bothers me and it all gets stuck in her fur and makes it gross.

ACooper

Spotted this at a trade show :confused: might be close to what you are looking for!
http://www.pawplunger.com/
That's a neat invention, especially for furry footed dogs that probably get caked with more mud!

I don't think it would help the reasons I hate mud season though, LOL, you still have to take each foot, put it in the thing, then wipe it dry when it comes out! :eek: (I watched the video)

It actually looks like MORE work than I'm currently doing. I want something the dog can walk across and it washes the mud off then wipes it dry for me! I'm lazy! :rofl1:

crysania

I want something the dog can walk across and it washes the mud off then wipes it dry for me! I'm lazy! :rofl1:
A hose hooked up to a faucet that can do warm water (instead of the usual freezing cold water?). Just hose them off!

And then they could walk into a specially set up room with foot-level blow dryers that quickly dry off their feet. Like your own little doggy foot wash.

Maxy24

Looking for/dealing with ticks and fleas (mostly ticks). I enjoy grooming and while I don't LIKE picking up poop I don't mind it either. But I'm stressing over flea/tick preventative and whether or not to get the Lymes vaccine and constantly checking him over for ticks. I just wish ticks would all die.

crysania

Looking for/dealing with ticks and fleas (mostly ticks). I enjoy grooming and while I don't LIKE picking up poop I don't mind it either. But I'm stressing over flea/tick preventative and whether or not to get the Lymes vaccine and constantly checking him over for ticks. I just wish ticks would all die.
I'm always stressed over ticks because I cannot find them on my girl. There's just no way I'm going to find a tick on a dog covered in thick black fur. *sigh* And in fact, I didn't find one. And she got lyme disease a couple years ago.

Members online

No members online now.