Puppy Drank shampoo water, started "gagging" a little.

ADHybrid

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself, My name is Chris and I just picked up a boston terrier/ queensland mix. His name is Jack and he is just over 2 months old. I decided to give him a bath today, as he had trampled in his little poop piles while I was out and smelled pretty bad. I used a puppy safe shampoo but as I was shampooing him he drank some of the water that was coming off and after I finished drying him he started doing a little "gag" as though he wanted to vomit, but did not. I gave him a pretty good sized bowl of water and he drank quite a bit and stopped "gagging" shortly after but I just want to make sure he is ok. Thanks.

-Chris

Well, he probably won't drink soapy water again, lol, but if the shampoo was supposed to be puppy safe he should be okay - if you want to be sure you might call your vet's office and ask them about that specific shampoo.

Good to have you here, Chris! Be sure to tell us more about your little guy and post some photos in the members' galleries - after all, as of yet, we don't know Jack! :)

Members online

No members online now.