Odin

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Odin, Josh's childhood American Bulldog, passed away yesterday afternoon. He was a rescue, so they were never quite sure of his age but he was guesstimated to be between 9 and 12. The past few months, he had began to loose control over his hind legs and it was getting difficult for him to get around. He had been completely blind and deaf for about a year. They accepted the fact yesterday that it was time to send him to the rainbow bridge.

Odin was so cool. He was 120 pounds of pure muscle and was just so freaking gentle to everyone. He loved to be around his people and was just one of those great dogs that never put a step out of place. He was a major ham and a lover and I don't think that one person who met him ever felt the same about his breed as he always set a very high bar. He was Harlow's mentor growing up and I do see traits of him in her.

So here's to you, bubba. Hope they serve free for all beer in heaven.

Odin Beer by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Odin and Josh by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Odin and Harlow by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Josh and Odin 2 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Awww... Sorry for your and Josh's loss.

I love American Bulldogs. All the ones I have ever met have been wonderful dogs.

Taqroy

I'm so sorry. He was a gorgeous dog and I love that picture of him and Harlow - she looks so tiny next to him.

Barb04

Super Moderator
May Odin be running free with all our loved ones. Cherish all the memories and love you shared with him. Hugs

FG167

My training director and his wife both started out with ABs, they always have such wonderful things to say. Seems to be a breed that is very lovable. So sorry for your loss :(

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Oh, I'm so sorry for you and Josh's loss. He sounds like an amazing boy! I absolutely adore Am Bulldogs - probably the only Bulldog I could very easily see myself with.

RIP Odin

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Thanks guys. He really was one of the good ones. I wouldn't be surprised to see one added to our household someday, honestly. We knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. :(

Members online