The Good News thread

So, I uhh, got some super exciting news today I totally wasn't expecting.

I wasn't expecting to get paid for my internship because it's 35 hours/week and I only currently work 10. We're a tiny company. My boss told me today that the whole thing will be paid. I kind of stared at her dumbfounded, because I've been so stressed about making ends meet while doing my internship that it's been driving me crazy--I was going to have to work 7 days a week 35 hours for internship and 24 at my other job just to attempt to make ends meet. Now I can take ONE WHOLE DAY off at my other job, and STILL be okay.

Uh, yay? I love my boss.
That's awesome! :D

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Got offered an assistant management position! I was actually offered the same position last summer at my current job by my boss but her higher up basically thought I was too young an inexperienced for the job at the time, regardless of my boss pushing for me to get the position. But now the higher up is asking me to take the position at another site! I've grown a lot in the past year and I think she sees that. The trouble is, I was just offered basically a "3rd in command" position at my current site by my boss. So I'm having to make a pro/con list and weigh my options. On the one hand I love my job, I love my coworkers, I love the kids I work with and would miss it. On the other hand this job is a pay raise and slightly more hours (5 extra hours a week). But the new job is farther away so more gas money, and it's a new place with new faces and I already get along so well with my current coworkers, I don't know if it would be the same. I'm a little worried about either position, just because it's such a change for me, and I hate change, but it will be good for me and will look good on my resume to see that I've received promotions and been in a management position. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I have some time to think about it, but I'm excited for the future and honored to be offered two different positions!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm going to stand beside Matt Smith and Karen Gillian today...I haven't fangirl end like this since Star Trek, Next Gen....I'm meeting Doctor Who today....gahhhhhh.
If it's like every other fan-con photo I've seen of them, Karen will look bored and Matt will strike some sort of awesome pose. :p

Have fun!

Lol Karen does bored well lol. Photo ops at these things with the big names are super pushed through unfortunately.
On Sunday I am having a photo done with Bruce Campbell and then Being Human US people! It's going to be a good couple days.

But I think this will be our last Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. Unless they can find a better venue and keep it in fewer buildings. But this year it's spread out between 4 and the one is really really inconvenient to get to, it's just gotten so big that the fun is gone for me, I like smaller cons where I do t have to pick and choose what I want to do. So we are looking at cons in the states for next year.

Lyzelle

Unless something spectacular happens in the next 3 weeks, we are packing up and moving to Colorado.

The taste of freedom is so very, very sweet. If anything else, just to get away from the memories of everything that has happened here. No picking up the phone to text Rhio only to remember I am supposed to be hating her because she is a druggie lunatic. No watching out for her car, my mom's car, Jin's giant group of people. No hiding.

This is going to be a good change.

Also puppy.

Airn

Unless something spectacular happens in the next 3 weeks, we are packing up and moving to Colorado.

The taste of freedom is so very, very sweet. If anything else, just to get away from the memories of everything that has happened here. No picking up the phone to text Rhio only to remember I am supposed to be hating her because she is a druggie lunatic. No watching out for her car, my mom's car, Jin's giant group of people. No hiding.

Also puppy.
I will miss you :( But good luck!!!

We got approved for a place and will be moving Tuesday!!! Such a relief!

Also puppy.

Members online

No members online now.