spin off thread: Naming your laptop/tablet?

ACooper

So according to the other thread (about naming your phone) many people name their laptops? (I'm throwing tablets in the mix as well!)

How common is this? I am soooo out of the loop! And here I was thinking I was all cool and stuff being a mom of middle school--college aged children but still keeping up with technology! LOL DANG!

Now I must think of names for my phone and tablets and names are not my strong suit! LOL

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
The only thing that has a name around here is our vehicles (my van is Shirley lol) OH and the GPS... her name is Penelope. We named her that because my step dad likes to make up names for people because he's terrible at remembering real names and he calls my MIL Penelope and since both MIL and the GPS like to tell us what to do... we named her after MIL. I will say that that was hubby's idea NOT mine lol.

other than that my phone only has one name... Siri and I like to talk to her lol

noludoru

Bored Now.
Previous one was named Mango, this one is Apple. I like it want to keep it until it explodes, but the next one will be fruit-themed as well.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My computers are always named. We've had Nec (named for the NEC monitor that came with him), Spec (keeping with the theme), and Hec (the PC way of referring to the computer as Hell. Pun maybe intended.)
My last computer I broke the trend and named him Herbert; the new one is Caroline.

The laptop is Oliver. Still Oliver. He's super duper old. I can't afford to replace Oliver.

My drive partitions all get named and I go with themes. For years I had Star Wars themes... with Caroline I switched to famous dogs.

(My car is of course Hopscotch, and my GPS is Derp-Derp, though I always call him DD for short.)

My current laptop is Strax. My last one was first called Blue Steele, but after Ben reinstalled it, I called it Lazarus. My laptop before that was MO (after the little white robot in Wall-e). I call my camera Martha.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
My current laptop is Kagerou... the one before that was Lapert.

My car also has a name (Pangur).

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Don't worry, I'm supposed to be young and down with the lingo and all that, and I had no idea this was a thing. My laptop is hereby called 'I wish I had the money to replace you cuz you're dying'

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Don't you have to name your computer when you set it up? I mean, I guess you don't on a Mac, I dunno, I've never set one up from nothing... but for a Windows machine it asks you for a name! Of course it suggests boring things like "Office" and "Home" but who does that??

I kinda want to replace Oliver with a Chromebook... he's not terrible since I upgraded his RAM a few years ago, but since he is so old, new machines are still way better... and much cheaper than I paid for him. But even though they are bangin' cheap I still can't afford one.
Ugh I bought Oliver when I went back to college... I had just started working in radio... holy balls old.

I kinda want to replace Oliver with a Chromebook... he's not terrible since I upgraded his RAM a few years ago, but since he is so old, new machines are still way better... and much cheaper than I paid for him.
Glad I am not the only one who refers to their laptop as gender specific :p

Members online

No members online now.