Crate Mat suggestions

If I use a blanket or a fleece mat in his crate, he pushes it up to the door and just lays on the plastic tray on the bottom. I'd really like a solid mat that I can put on the bottom that he can't move.

His one elbow is definitely missing some fur and I think the other is going that way. I'd like to stop it early if possible. Any suggestions

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I'm using rubber-backed bath mats in my side-by-side crates in the Element right now... they work great!

If you want more padding, I 10000% recommend Primo Pads (www.primopads.com) - I'm hoping to buy two Primo pads for the Element crates eventually... but they're somewhat spendy and I'm broke. ;)

xpaeanx

I just use memory foam bath mats, they're inexpensive and do a great job.

You can buy dog crate specific mats that are the exact size of your crate, there's a ton on amazon. Tractor supply has a lot as well.

Eta: I see as my slow service was taking forever to load others chimed in. LOL.

FG167

I'm using rubber-backed bath mats in my side-by-side crates in the Element right now... they work great!

If you want more padding, I 10000% recommend Primo Pads (www.primopads.com) - I'm hoping to buy two Primo pads for the Element crates eventually... but they're somewhat spendy and I'm broke. ;)
I'm curious how they are in the heat, wil they stick to the dogs paws or burn for example (I'm picturing a leather sort of situation).

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I'm curious how they are in the heat, wil they stick to the dogs paws or burn for example (I'm picturing a leather sort of situation).
No, they're the soft ones with the carpet-like pile.

Like this, but cheaper:

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Costco has the memory foam bath mats for about $20 each. They also have super cushy rubber backed bathmats that fit a 36" crate perfectly (36x24") for about $15.

MicksMom

Members online

No members online now.