DONE SHOPPING. Tree and kaiju ornaments inside!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I am DONE SHOPPING and have officially shipped off all of my cards and packages. WOO. I'm very proud of myself. I planned ahead, caught some sales and deals, saved a lot of money and still got everyone some awesome gifts (even my aforementioned hard-to-buy-for SILs!).

Here is a crappy pic of my adorable wimpy 4-foot tree dwarved even further by a pile of gifts that barely fit under it. :D

I don't think I've mentioned it here before, but Matt and I are HUGE fans of Godzilla, kaiju and the entire Toho franchise in general. We own every single Godzilla film (and spinoff) except for one (vs. Smog Monster). Matt gets a Godzilla ornament every year. Well, every year that he can find a new one. In the past five years, he's accumulated two, but yesterday we found a third, finally! All three of them are based on different "eras" so far, with different Godzilla models. So cool.

His newest one appears to be the Godzilla from GMK: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, judging by the spike design and the small pupil-less eyes (yes I'm a geek shut up). It makes Godzilla sound effects and the lighthouse lights up.

The first one he got was this one. The base lights up and it has different sound effects. This one's based on Godzilla 2000, the first Godzilla flick to make it to this side of the pond in theatres since the godawful American release.

And my fave - Godzilla from Godzilla vs. Destroyah when he was about to go into meltdown. :D All the radioactive glowy parts light up, as do his spines.

Okay, geek mode over. :D Figured you guys might be amused at the geekiness.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Congrats on finishing shopping- it feels SO good to be done early!

I love your Godzilla ornaments- I'm not familiar with the movies but the ornaments are really cool!

Members online

No members online now.