People in the UK what do you feed your dogs?

Puppy

Bernese Mountain Dog!
hi. does anyone here live in the UK and feed their dogs Innova? if yes where do you buy it from. ive looked on the net for places that deliver to the UK, but i cant find any. and i cant find any shops here that sell it.

otherwise,what do you feed your dogs? Pedigree, Bakers, etc. raw diet?

thanks. please reply.

Hi, I did a surche on Innova and couldnt find anything so I phoned them and they said at the moment they are not suplying the UK. I have feed James Wellbeloved for ages but at the moment I am switching to Arden Grange its suposed to be the best available in the UK

and here is james wellbeloved site

www.wellbeloved.co.uk

You need to look at the top five or so ingredients - these form the major portion of the food. The ingredients in dog food are required to be listed in order of weight. The first thing on the list needs to be a meat source, unidentified “meat” and "by-product" are not what you want to see these can contain undeveloped eggs, feathers etc. also it is better to see “chicken meal” as this contains less water than “chicken”

Within the first five ingredients we want to see at least two (preferably more) meat sources, and as few grains as possible.

Grains are almost unavoidable in dry food, but they are not a natural source of food for dogs, are often indigestible, whole ground grains are far better than grain fragments (floor sweepings!) which typically have no nutritional value. Brown rice is better than white rice, whole fruits and vegetables are better nutritional sources than grains.

Both these foods contain corn but here in the Uk you cant seem to avoid it, both foods are allergin free and gluten free which is great

Puppy

Bernese Mountain Dog!
thank you very much for those links. whats the difference between 'Dog food - Arden Grange' and 'Dog food Classic'?

if i was to buy arden grange what would you recomend for a giant breed? or even james beloved?

these are the ingredients for under the 'dog food - classic' section, and the actual food is called 'Dog - Classic large breed'.

Chicken Meal (min 25%),
rice flour,
ground corn,
beet pulp,
chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols),
whole dried egg,
brewers yeast,
fish meal,
linseed, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols),
lecithin,
minerals and vitamins.
Chondroitin,
Glucosamine
and MSM.

------------------------------------

these are the top 5 ingredients

Chicken Meal (min 25%),
rice flour,
ground corn,
beet pulp,
chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols),

thats not too bad is it? its got the 25 percent chicken meal, and chicken fat (i supose thats good?) then it has flour, corn and beet pulp (which i think is a vegetable).

------------------------------------------------------

now i want to compare to james wellbeloved.

but i cant find the ingredients on the site! lol.

so what do you people think about arden grange?

Puppy

Bernese Mountain Dog!
ok ive found the ingredients for james wellbelvoed.

INGREDIENTS: Rice, lamb meat meal, ground whole barley, lamb fat, whole linseed, lamb gravy, potato protein, sugar beet pulp, alfalfa, natural seaweed, omega 3 and omega 6 supplement, sodium chloride, calcium carbonate, D,L-methionine, lysine hydrochloride, threonine, zinc methionate. A special mix of chondroitin, glucosamine and herbs.

CONTAINS: Min 26% lamb, min 26% rice, min 10% barley, min0.3%JW+.

TYPICAL ANALYSIS: Protein 23.5%, Oil 14.5%, Fibre 4%, Ash 7.5%

---------------------------------------------------------

Rice, lamb meat meal, ground whole barley, lamb fat, whole linseed

so whats better? arden grange or james beloved?

Both makes do a large breed food, i would buy these as they are larger pieces and stops a large dog from choaking from not chewing properly

Dog - Classic Large Breed

Arden Grange Classic Adult Large Breed is a highly digestible Super-Premium food with a large kibble size and increased levels of Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM, perfect for large / giant breeds to help maintain supple, strong joints and cartilage.

* Highly appetising rich in chicken
* Antioxidant vitamins - A,C,E and beta-carotene plus selenium yeast combine to support the immune system.
* Specially selected carbohydrates are used in the formulation to maximise digestibility.
* Citrus extract - and a special kibble texture help to neutralise oral bacteria and provide a teeth-cleaning function
* Chelated zinc and omega-3 oils from fish and linseed to maintain skin and coat condition
* Omega 6 - 3 fatty acids in correct ratios for healthy skin and glossy coats.
* Extra levels of Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM to help maintain supple but strong joints and cartilage.
* Complete and balanced - needs no supplementation
* Excellent digestibility - easily absorbed nutrition
* Less wastage - small stool volume

Also how easly dioes your dog keep weight on, is it over weight or does it tend to be skinny and loose weight easily?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Gallien Jacks said:
and here is james wellbeloved site
You need to look at the top five or so ingredients - these form the major portion of the food.
actually that's not quite correct. the main ingredients of a food are whatever is listed before the first major source of fat (e.g. chicken fat) and including this fat source.

for some foods that's as little as the first 3 or 4, for others it's a whole list of ingredients - and it shows you quite well how much grain vs. meat is in the food. :)

Mordy said:
actually that's not quite correct. the main ingredients of a food are whatever is listed before the first major source of fat (e.g. chicken fat) and including this fat source.

for some foods that's as little as the first 3 or 4, for others it's a whole list of ingredients - and it shows you quite well how much grain vs. meat is in the food. :)
Thanks you learn something new everyday lol

Where do you get yours from, i looked on their site and they have a search for retailers and it says USA and Canda only

Members online

No members online now.