Introducing My Purebred Golden Doodle!!!

Miakoda

We have a little Parvo pup at work who was surrendered. She's reported to be a French Bulldog/Pit Bull cross, which is reportedly some new "breed" (looks like a weird Boston mix). The original breeder of the pup is trying to reclaim her and says the breed is "almost AKC" *rolls eyes*

A "Shortybull"....or some crap like that.

My favorite was a client who purposefully crossed Aussies to Pit Bulls in an effort to create a new breed. The pups were hideous looking and overall horrid creatures.

StillandSilent

We have a ton of Goldendoodles at the daycare, and I have to say that they are pretty standard when it comes to temperment. I don't personally find this to be a good thing, since they all seem to be an amalgam of all the traits I hate in a dog, but I can see where other people might find that very appealing and perfect.

Looks-wise, not so much. You can usually recognize that it's a doodle, but we have all coat types, sizes, body types. And if I have to hear one more owner whining about how Fluffy sheds and the breeder said that Fluffy wouldn't shed blah blah blah, I'll start twitching.

If you want horror, though, you should have seen the Rotti-doodle that came through a few weeks ago. You have no idea how much I wanted to ask the owners what they paid for that abomination. Ugly, crippled with bad hips at less then three, snippy, just an all over pitiful case.

If you want horror, though, you should have seen the Rotti-doodle that came through a few weeks ago. You have no idea how much I wanted to ask the owners what they paid for that abomination. Ugly, crippled with bad hips at less then three, snippy, just an all over pitiful case.
We have a Berner-Doodle that comes here. It pretty much looks like a slightly heavier, slightly straighter-coated black standard poodle. As far as I know there's just this one littler floating around but at the time I first saw it I was thinking "oh god are we entering the age of 'mix everything possible with a poodle'?"

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
Doodles are everywhere! There are several in my little neighborhood, and I am always seeing them in obedience class at my dog club. If it's what people want, and they want to pay for it, that's fine with me. One of my coworkers was all excited, he had just bought a house and asked me if I could ask around at my club for a recommendation for a good breeder for a -doodle. I had to tell him that where I trained they would not be recommending a breeder for a mixed-breed. Looks like they got a baby instead. ;)

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
We have a Berner-Doodle that comes here. It pretty much looks like a slightly heavier, slightly straighter-coated black standard poodle. As far as I know there's just this one littler floating around but at the time I first saw it I was thinking "oh god are we entering the age of 'mix everything possible with a poodle'?"
Oh no. They're real. Oh, they're real. LOL. We have one that comes for grooming, and also a Newfie-doodle. She's HUGE and has a crazy coat. LOL.

Locke

Foster is such a handsome dude. I like him shaved! He has really nice proportions. A lot of doodles I see around here have really LOOONNGG bodies and no tuck up. They look like big logs when they're shaved.

LauraLeigh

Thanks everyone, I think he's pretty cool purebred or not! I wish I had a dog like him when my kids were little I think he would've been amazing with children....

He has the best personality, bubbly friendly a bit clingy if you don't like that he wouldn't be for you... He can be a little disgusting, if it stinks or it's crap or it's garbage he will try to get into it and sometimes succeed.... He has a tendency to get into the, manure pile, at the farm next door we call it "Philly's spa" the farmers name is Phil... I will say he's got to be the most shampoo'd dog in the neighborhood....

He's been with us, oh man 5/6 years? He's really more my son's dog than ours we don't take any responsibility for him.... Jonah pays to groom him, vet him and feed him... and looks after him totally on his own, when he moves out next couple of years Foster will go with him....

We brought him in as a baby dog, with the expectation that he would be a foster and to find him a good home .... And I have done that with a few dogs the Minpin couple of Jack Russell's and other dogs that needed rehoming but with him my son fell in love and that was that!!!!

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
What bothers me the most about the Doodle/Poo trend is that the breeders so often claim that the dogs are hypoallergenic and don't shed, but this is only true of a fraction of the dogs.

Members online

No members online now.