Backpacking pics

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
We had a GREAT time, 14 miles round trip, awesome awesome weekend. The only problem was that Sunny decided to be my guard dog and not sleep all nigh. He kept growling at the wind blowing the trees,and this big black lab that was skulking around all night (he was with a guy and his friend that were at the shelter w/ us, through hikers so it was cool to talk to them...but anyway) It was sweet, he stayed at my head all alert and sitting straight up with his ears perked to make sure we were safe. The only issue was when he'd bark at something at hours waaay to early to recall. However the rest of the trip he was a little prince and he loooooved the attention he got. "look at the cute doggie in booties and a little backpack!" "oh look, he's carrying his own bed!" "what a goood boy to help mama like that" of COURSE he had to show off and strutt around looking like a proud little soldier, head high and all that. At the shelter he laid down and didn't get up until supper time (probably why he had so much energy to stay awake all night). I'm so proud of my Sunny dog. He stayed right with me the whole time, never even wandering off to sniff a squirrel. I don't think he's ever heeled that well ever before Well, here's some pics. ENJOY

one of many beautiful overlooks along the trail. Can you tell we hiked up a loooong way?

isn't he too cute?

what's that smell?

where we slept

Zoom

Twin 2.0
He was carrying his own bed! I love it!

B-E-A-utiful scenery! I'm jealous...and thisclose to going and buying a doggie pack for Sawyer so we can do the same thing.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Wow, I was impressed with Sunny helping to carry things. What a great dog!

The scenery is so beautiful. Where did you go hiking?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Im green with envy..what a gorgous scene and wowowowow look at Sunnypup on duty! He's deffinately the man now!

gapeach

Big Mutts
Those pics are just gorgeous! And that was sweet of Sunny to protect you (even though it probably got annoying after awhile ;) ) at least he knows what his jobs are. What a good boy!

qwkslvr

Vizsla Mom
I think dogs are just more in tune with their owners more than they get credit for. My husband was gone hunting for 14 days and Otis (vizsla) who is 9 months sleep with me with one eye open and an ear cocked the whole time. usually he sleeps like the dead, but that is when my husband is home. I guess he figured he be the man of the house and save his mom from any scary stuff. The funny part is he is going thru a stage where he is scared of everything. But the thought was nice to know that he takes his job serious. :) When my hubby came home Otis slept like crazy, he had to catch up I guess!!
Looks like hiking was fun, we have to try that.
Take care, P

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Dakotah_2009 said:
WOW great pics! Sunny looks so cute...the scenery looks awesome. Where were yall?
thank you all :) we were in PA, along the appalatian trail, Delaware water gap to the Kirkridge shelter, 7 miles both ways. We had such a good time, so relaxing. I am so proud of my little guy!

Hmmmm . . . may have to try that with the dogs. I used to take Bear and O'Reilly - and even my Gonzo cat - out on the trails with me, but never put a pack on them as we only did short trips.

Just think, with Shiva and Kharma they could just carry everything, lol!

Ooops, Shiva would get into the food :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.