Dog Treat Recipes

• Thread starter savethebulliedbreeds
  • Start date
S

savethebulliedbreeds

Just wondering if any of you have any good dog treat recipes. I don't do much on rainy days (can't train the dogs outside), so we lounge around the house. I would love to make them all some treats. I used to buy milkbones and other treats for them, but since the recall I don't.

P.S. I am not a great baker or cook so they would have to be fairly easy.

I make jerky for my pups.
I dehydrate it and they love it to death.

1 Dehydrater.
1 chuck roast, chicken breasts or any kind of meat you can cut into nice thin slices.

well, thats it. lol. I guess you'd need a good knife too.
Oh, and its easier to cut if its just a tad bit frozen yet.

Cut it up and stick it on the dehydrator for 10 hours. Ta-da. Presto. You could even eat it if you'd like... i dontknow haha.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Haha, thanks.

I bake thin strips of turkey hot dogs for my dogs and they love them...so far that is the extent of my dog treat baking lol.

daaqa

lurking near the surface
i just get liver and bake it until its pretty dry, and then chop it up for training treats.

1 can salmon (use juice and fish)
2 eggs (shells optional)
3 cups oatmeal

mix well and spread/press evenly in lightly greased cookie sheet (I personally use parchment paper) Bake in oven at 400 for 30 mins; score with knife into any size pieces you like and bake for another 15 mins until golden. Cool, break apart and store in fridge

These really stink up the house, but it sure makes the drool flow here!

adojrts

I too use a Salmon bait which I bake...........
Actually you can use the Salmon or Chicken Flakes, Tuna, Turkey Flakes as well. I also use Ham Flakes or Corned Beef but use it carefully because of the high salt, especially during the summer months.

One can of Salmon (or any of the others) with oils from can
I egg (shell too if you want to, but I don't)
3/4 cup of flour (whole wheat or white)
1 tsp of oil (corn, canola etc)
garlic can also be added

Make into large cookies or spread out onto sheet and cut after it has cooled.
One can makes 5 large cookies.

Mix, bake on dusted cookie sheet at 350 for 20 mins.

Makes a moist, soft treat great for training, and you can throw it in the freezer as well.

You can also add Parm. Cheese which the dogs love!
I am heading to the Agility Regional Championships in two weeks. I'll start baking next week and take a bit of everything, plus I have had requests from fellow exhibitors to bring extra.
I'll also take some homebaked liver with garlic, but the dogs prefer the Salmon first.
Good luck
Lynn

Members online

No members online now.