living with ppl who are NAIVE about dogs! It's driving me nuts.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Our cat Dudley slept at the bottom of my cot from the day I was brought home from the hospital, and i'm obviously still alive!! Well unless this is the afterlife! :D

I have a sister who when we brought home our first puppy, she wouldn't touch it. She always chased him away from her as if she was going to catch some terrible disease. Now who can ignore a little puppy, especially one that is the size of a guinea pig? I think my family is just cold hearted and don't understand the true meaning of love. Lets face it, animals give us so much love and understanding that we dog people can't help but be happy all the time.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
ShihTzuLover62 said:
I have a sister who when we brought home our first puppy, she wouldn't touch it. She always chased him away from her as if she was going to catch some terrible disease. Now who can ignore a little puppy, especially one that is the size of a guinea pig? I think my family is just cold hearted and don't understand the true meaning of love. Lets face it, animals give us so much love and understanding that we dog people can't help but be happy all the time.
She had probably convinced herself she HATED dogs and wouldn't dare let herself touch one and (gasp) decide she was wrong. I agree though, I can't imagine not WANTING to touch a puppy...I had to tell my guys to be careful and sometimes NOT touch sunny when he was a pup so the poor guy could get some sleep :) I've heard the thing about the cat taking a baby's breath, from my mom actually and she said that the cat smells the milk on the baby's breath, tries to lick it out of their mouth and accidentaly suffocates them. It sounded...feasible to me at the time, but now just seems kinda silly since all of the cats I knew were sorta scared of babies. :rolleyes:

Sunnypup, I just love that pic of your baby, he looks like he has an attitude there.Reminds me of my 10 year old grandson..rolling his eyes! The pup is cute doing it .The grandson is NOT!

I've heard the thing about the cat taking a baby's breath, from my mom actually and she said that the cat smells the milk on the baby's breath, tries to lick it out of their mouth and accidentaly suffocates them.
Yes i heard this same thing. But my daughter has 3 kids and has always had cats in the house ..Nothing ever happened. Except maybe some scratches.

Members online

No members online now.