Random Baby Urges?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Possibly - I wouldn't necessarily say "love less" or anything though. Just different. Like would you say you love your SO more or less than you love your parents? I wouldn't rank the two against each other really, it's just different. I wouldn't also necessarily say that I love Auggie or Payton or Pepper more or less than one another, just different for all of them. I can't imagine if you have multiple kids you love one or the other more/less. Just different.
It's all just plain different. Just my opinion/experience.

Or maybe I just prefer to not pit my feelings for people against each other LOL.
however you want to phrase it... it was an awkward sentence to type out lol. I used the phrase less because that's the idea that the article conveys is that you love your pet less so I went with that. But what you said is correct... it's just different but it can make our minds or hearts see it as "less"

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Why do you think we got Panzer. Ha ha because I had mad baby urges. We want to have kids eventually. But first we have to get hitched. I can see us trying to h e a family in my late 20's early 30's. We are not in a rush.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
There is also (at least IME ) a lot of hostility Btw parents of kids & "parents" of dogs / animals. To the point where a few of the rescues I have worked with wont adopt out to families with kids under a certain age, I even worked with a few who wont even adopt out to people who are planning actively to have kids.

I also found that blog a tad offensive & it made me sad for the dog :( I couldn't even read through it all. I wonder what kind of life the dog has if she has that kind of attitude towards him. It also makes me sad they so many people are irritated at the things their dogs do that they can't help (shedding, throwing up etc ...)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
There is also (at least IME ) a lot of hostility Btw parents of kids & "parents" of dogs / animals. To the point where a few of the rescues I have worked with wont adopt out to families with kids under a certain age, I even worked with a few who wont even adopt out to people who are planning actively to have kids.

I also found that blog a tad offensive & it made me sad for the dog :( I couldn't even read through it all. I wonder what kind of life the dog has if she has that kind of attitude towards him. It also makes me sad they so many people are irritated at the things their dogs do that they can't help (shedding, throwing up etc ...)
I think you are mistaking irritated for actively punishing. Sure it irritates the crap out of me that I have a whole extra dog on my carpet each day lol... how does something lose so much hair and not end up bald? I mean seriously lol. But my dogs don't know... or care LOL that it irritates me. Although I think if I told Belle and she understood and she could talk back she'd be like "So... that's your problem." because she's just indifferent and defiant like that lol. She's the type that barks and you say "hey... stop that barking" she will look right at you and bark ONE more time just because she can lol

I mean, we all get annoyed by things others can't help. I'm annoyed that Hannahs hair knots so easily because it's thin. That doesn't equal "I treat her badly" just because something annoys me and at certain times of the month things annoy me more than other times. Since having a child that has super sensitive skin issues having dog hair on the floor all the time no matter how much I vacuum annoys me more now than it did before. I don't treat them badly because of it.

Last edited:

Romy

Taxiderpy
For me, my dogs are my dogs and my children are my children. They play very different roles in my life, and I love them all. I have to be responsible for them all, but my relationship with the dogs is more like we're roommates/budsies vs. a master/servant or parent/child dynamic. lol.

What sparks said.

I get irritated that Obi happens to bark just as I get the baby to sleep.

I get irritated that when I forget to close the baby's room door, the cats sleep in her crib and one snots all over the place.

I get irritated that I can't put Ev down on the floor because of the amount of hair.

But I don't treat any of them badly because of these things and I accept my ownership in the issues as well. I'm still irritated. lol

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I am not referencing true dog lovers (such as many of us on forums like this one) I am saying IME there is a lot of people who DO "blame" the animal for things that they can't control, sure all of us get annoyed when our dogs do something like shed, puke, have cannon butt or when they are just .... Being dogs. But we don't act on it, I was referencing those who do. As someone who is active in rescue, I see the side who acts on it a lot :(

Members online

No members online now.