The Good News thread

noludoru

Bored Now.
Headed back from Georgia, took US 129 on the way back to hit Tail of the Dragon, Vegas in less than two weeks. :D
Oh god I am so jealous. So ****ing jealous.

The issue of Modern Dog my article is in has been published and is available now!!!!! I'm so beyond excited!!!!!!
I NEED TO GET A SIGNED COPY FOR MY DESK!

Saeleofu

I met CharlieDog and Indy tonight! We went for a walk by the river and I had a great time! Indy is also in heat, VERY much in heat, and after flirting a bit Logan settled down and worked really well, even with Indy right there with him. He did keep sneaking peeks at her and claimed he had to pee much more than usual, but overall I was pretty happy with the way he worked. He actually worked harder - lately he's not been pulling much in harness. Enough that it works, but I prefer a bit more pull than that (probably more pull than most people prefer, actually). Tonight he was READY TO GO and really leaned into the harness. Yay!

Also, before they got there, a collie person tracked me down and we talked for a bit, and I gave her a little demonstration of what Logan does for me. I know when someone identified him as a smooth collie right off the bat, they know what they're talking about lol. Other people think both Indy and Logan look like greyhounds. Which implies they look alike. And they...don't :rofl1:

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
It's beautiful outside... and I had my first riding lesson in 2 years. YAY! I'm so freaking sore but it was so worth it. Had such a great ride. My core definitely needs help and I've got a long way to go to get back to where I was, but I'm loving it. I love my instructor, she is so awesome and positive. I'm just.. happy. :D

And, I'm starting to really settle in back here. Things are starting to come together. I'm not feeling as lonely, third shift is better for Josh and I, I'm not missing being out west as much, horses are coming back into my life, dog training, starting to figure out what I want to do/where I want to go to school. Sigh. It's finally happening.

joce

It's beautiful outside... and I had my first riding lesson in 2 years. YAY! I'm so freaking sore but it was so worth it. Had such a great ride. My core definitely needs help and I've got a long way to go to get back to where I was, but I'm loving it. I love my instructor, she is so awesome and positive. I'm just.. happy. :D

And, I'm starting to really settle in back here. Things are starting to come together. I'm not feeling as lonely, third shift is better for Josh and I, I'm not missing being out west as much, horses are coming back into my life, dog training, starting to figure out what I want to do/where I want to go to school. Sigh. It's finally happening.

I remember when I started riding again after ten years off it was not like a bike lol! I rode bareback yesterday for the first time in years and still no balance. That's the only way I used to ride!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I remember when I started riding again after ten years off it was not like a bike lol! I rode bareback yesterday for the first time in years and still no balance. That's the only way I used to ride!
Haha, noooo. Definitely not like getting back on a bike. I need to get an exercise ball and start doing core work if I want to get anywhere close to where I want to be. Maybe this will give me the kick in the butt to get back into shape!

Oh my goodness. Bareback is so much fun, but it is definitely an art. Even when you ride everyday it is difficult!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My Grandma will likely be taking Cooper after all. :) I'm very, very happy. Gracie will likely be going to live with my mom since Rose has now passed on. Good day.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Haha, noooo. Definitely not like getting back on a bike. I need to get an exercise ball and start doing core work if I want to get anywhere close to where I want to be. Maybe this will give me the kick in the butt to get back into shape!

Oh my goodness. Bareback is so much fun, but it is definitely an art. Even when you ride everyday it is difficult!
Oh yeah totally lol, I used to trail ride bareback & take hunter courses without stirrups (our teacher made us lol) when I was younger ... NONE of which I could do now AT ALL even if I tried! :(

On the bike thing was rusty but after a week or so it all came back :) the real problem was muscle soreness ... Not my legs (weird???) my core, shoulder & back muscles! I was walking hunched like an old person for a few days xD

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My kitchen chairs that I ordered from Target on Sunday are on the truck to be delivered today! YAY!! That was crazy fast!

I have my annual appointment today so hopefully afterward I can scoot by home and put them inside so they don't sit on the porch all afternoon.

Once they're delivered I will actually have a kitchen table AND chairs! Like for real! So when we are at my house working we can eat at a table FOR REAL and not patio furniture! And I can stop eating at my coffee table while sitting on the floor!

I'M SO EXCITED!

Dogs6

Plus One
haha yeah I started riding horses again a year and a half ago after a 5 year gap and have spent almost every day riding since then. A few months ago I was moving all the horses to their summer pasture so the field could get a break and I could "focus on exams without distractions". I lead 2 across to the field and then got lazy and thought I could ride one, lead one across. Of course the horses I picked to do this with had been turned away in a winter pasture with very little human contact and hadn't seen other horses or even the outside of their field for a while!

It went ok at first, there was a minor spook at a scary shed and then as we got into the last field the mare already in their called out to them. The 2 geldings got so excited to see "their" mares that they forgot their manners and bolted across! I had to let go of the one I was leading and then the one I was riding (just a halter, no saddle or hat- stupid I know!) started to buck and swerve. Was the worst 10 seconds of my life, especially as I started slipping off the side! I managed to stay on but I was walking very funny for the next few days!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Finally got a new bike! <3 After three years of riding a crap bike, I did my research and got a good-price little commuter hybrid. Perfect for biking to work and for summer adventures. Now I need a springer for Finn.

This is kinda bittersweet, really, but it is good news... I will be closing Doggy Style for the summer to take a management position at a salon here that needs some serious help. The owner called me begging for my help. I'd put in an application when I first got here and then turned it down because the salon was such a mess. I'm pretty excited but bummed about closing DS for the summer - the pay is great and this salon really DOES need help.

Airn

GWEN PLAYED WITH THE PUPPY!

I'm so happy. She's now all happily panting after like a half hour of romping with him. I thought she was getting a bit rough but Duke seemed to enjoy it and never yipped.

So happy.

Members online

No members online now.