The Venting Thread

DJEtzel

finally, FINALLY get my **** together and get a job, and now im being told im going to be homeless in less than a week, and i cant find anywhere to live. really? REALLY? THIS WHAT YOU GIVE ME, UNIVERSE? obviously i cant work AND be homeless, what the **** am i gonna do? :s
I know you're on the co-op group page, too, but if you need anything let me know!

Giny

Urgh, I've been playing tribez. It's going to bankrupt me as I'm sooooooo impatient!! Up to level 19, need lumber and stone and money! Never played a game like this before, so addictive!
Well, I just downloaded this on the iPad, thanks to you. :p

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
So, I posted this in the "ever think about moving" thread, but I think it belongs here as well. I would like some advice if anyone has any.

As some of you know, I had a falling out with an EXTREMELY close friend of mine (like, sister close) and we go to the same church. And it's the church where my dad preaches so I really can't go anywhere. I have to see her several times a week and it makes it really hard to move on from our friendship especially since she's basically "moved on" from my sister and I to a pair of our mutual friends. So it makes everything really awkward and honestly the whole time I'm there I just feel like I'm going to cry. I can't stand it and I wish I could just move away and never see her again. Honestly if I never saw her again I would be fine. But having to see her every few days is exhausting me emotionally. I can't stand it but there's honestly nothing I can do. I wish she would leave our church but I don't see that happening either.

I really don't know what to do. I don't think I can take much more of this. I feel like I need flipping therapy, no joke. I feel sick all the time (like nauseous) just from being so sad about it. The times I'm able to push it from my mind I'm fine, and there are times when I say "I really don't care, I don't need her, I have so much to be thankful for, I need to let go and I'll be fine." But I literally can't. I don't know what to even do or how to do it. Does it just take time? It's been a month already. I don't know why I hold onto things and people so hard, I just do. And I hate it but I can't change it. And like I said, sometimes I'm just fine, but other times I'm so depressed and anxious and I feel like complete crap.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I know you're on the co-op group page, too, but if you need anything let me know!
Im not, anymore. Carol (carnivore) is a vicious backbiting bipolar BITCH and I refuse to have anything to do with her. telling somebody that nobody likes them and they will die alone and unloved because theyre such a horrible stupid and hateful person, and that nobody in the group likes them, and everyone in the group begged her not to allow me in, blahblah, for no other reason than they deleted a thread that was turning into a "bash frost" fest, in an attempt to AVOID drama.... no. just no. Its no great loss, nobody on that group liked or was helping me anyway :rolleyes:

thank you tho. Its rough. finally things are looking up, but now if i cant find anything asap im gonna lose everything. trying not to have a total breakdown

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
:( If you need help with the dogs, please reach out on the forum.

Can you show your LL proof that you got a job and rent money will be coming shortly? Personal loan...even if it has horrible terms, at least it will keep you in the house. Reach out to friends and family. Sell what you can to get some rent money. Assuming, of course, that you are being evicted because you are late on rent?
Oh heck i dont know what i need. i cant stay where im at, its not a matter of money, its a matter of this was a temporary place and the owner of the house wasnt supposed to find out i was here and then she did and now shes going ape**** and wants me out NOW, but has generously given me 2 weeks, which was last monday so now 1 week. i just got a job last monday, the same day that horrible news came in, so i HAVE income... NOW. didnt before. but the issue is finding a place to rent thats on the bus line to get to the job, allows dogs, and is affordable and doesnt want paystubs and all that, because i work under the table. so far i have ONE lead, but its a hair out of my pricerange and im not sure i can handle it. rent, bills, and bus fare would consume exactly 105% of my income, with nothing left over for dog food or me food ( i get a small amt of foodstamps which helps but its not enough. i cannot live on ramen every day and be alive ). MAYBE someone taking the two dogs for a few months would help me find a place and get more stable and get a car, but i dont know. i dont have a magic crystal ball that can see into the future and say "ah HA! in 1 month and 18 days, a house for rent will come available 2 miles from work that allows dogs and is under 600 a month!" yaknow?

/rant

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My vent:

I don't feel good. :( Weird sore throat, I feel dehydrated, somewhat sick, super tired...just ugh. At first I thought it was because I was drinking last night, but it's just kept getting worse as the day goes on, not better. And I've been drinking water like there's no tomorrow. Ugh.

So, I posted this in the "ever think about moving" thread, but I think it belongs here as well. I would like some advice if anyone has any.

As some of you know, I had a falling out with an EXTREMELY close friend of mine (like, sister close) and we go to the same church. And it's the church where my dad preaches so I really can't go anywhere. I have to see her several times a week and it makes it really hard to move on from our friendship especially since she's basically "moved on" from my sister and I to a pair of our mutual friends. So it makes everything really awkward and honestly the whole time I'm there I just feel like I'm going to cry. I can't stand it and I wish I could just move away and never see her again. Honestly if I never saw her again I would be fine. But having to see her every few days is exhausting me emotionally. I can't stand it but there's honestly nothing I can do. I wish she would leave our church but I don't see that happening either.

I really don't know what to do. I don't think I can take much more of this. I feel like I need flipping therapy, no joke. I feel sick all the time (like nauseous) just from being so sad about it. The times I'm able to push it from my mind I'm fine, and there are times when I say "I really don't care, I don't need her, I have so much to be thankful for, I need to let go and I'll be fine." But I literally can't. I don't know what to even do or how to do it. Does it just take time? It's been a month already. I don't know why I hold onto things and people so hard, I just do. And I hate it but I can't change it. And like I said, sometimes I'm just fine, but other times I'm so depressed and anxious and I feel like complete crap.
If you feel like you need therapy...don't be ashamed to go! That is what they are there for, and it is in NO way a shortcoming to want someone else's advice/opinions/techniques to help get you through a rough time.

I also think that getting out and changing things would do you good. I know you are the pastor's daughter so it would be odd if you went to a different congregation, but would your dad let you get out and try different churches? I think changing your environment and experiencing a different church (or churches) would be a good thing, even if it is to cement the fact that you love the church you're at. :p Going to church should make you feel excited and happy...not anxious and depressed because you are worried about running into your old friend. And if that is becoming an issue that is preventing you from feeling fulfillness out of going to church, then it may be time to try a different congregation, where you don't have so many ties.

DJEtzel

Im not, anymore. Carol (carnivore) is a vicious backbiting bipolar BITCH and I refuse to have anything to do with her. telling somebody that nobody likes them and they will die alone and unloved because theyre such a horrible stupid and hateful person, and that nobody in the group likes them, and everyone in the group begged her not to allow me in, blahblah, for no other reason than they deleted a thread that was turning into a "bash frost" fest, in an attempt to AVOID drama.... no. just no. Its no great loss, nobody on that group liked or was helping me anyway :rolleyes:

thank you tho. Its rough. finally things are looking up, but now if i cant find anything asap im gonna lose everything. trying not to have a total breakdown
o_O I'm sorry about that. I don't participate or follow much anymore. Our venture into raw went very south and I know what you mean; it was all my fault and I was a horrible person if I didn't follow through with it. Crap and puke all over my house at least 5 times a day and unhappy dogs was not worth it.

I wish you the best of luck! I know you're probably on the other side of the state from me, but I'd be happy to help in any way possible if necessary.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
o_O I'm sorry about that. I don't participate or follow much anymore. Our venture into raw went very south and I know what you mean; it was all my fault and I was a horrible person if I didn't follow through with it. Crap and puke all over my house at least 5 times a day and unhappy dogs was not worth it.

I wish you the best of luck! I know you're probably on the other side of the state from me, but I'd be happy to help in any way possible if necessary.
Yeah Im going back to kibble. cant budget for raw right now, my life is too chaotic. Im in Taylor, near Detroit, so yeah, i think thats quite a ways from you lol

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
My vent:

I don't feel good. :( Weird sore throat, I feel dehydrated, somewhat sick, super tired...just ugh. At first I thought it was because I was drinking last night, but it's just kept getting worse as the day goes on, not better. And I've been drinking water like there's no tomorrow. Ugh.

If you feel like you need therapy...don't be ashamed to go! That is what they are there for, and it is in NO way a shortcoming to want someone else's advice/opinions/techniques to help get you through a rough time.

I also think that getting out and changing things would do you good. I know you are the pastor's daughter so it would be odd if you went to a different congregation, but would your dad let you get out and try different churches? I think changing your environment and experiencing a different church (or churches) would be a good thing, even if it is to cement the fact that you love the church you're at. :p Going to church should make you feel excited and happy...not anxious and depressed because you are worried about running into your old friend. And if that is becoming an issue that is preventing you from feeling fulfillness out of going to church, then it may be time to try a different congregation, where you don't have so many ties.
I hope you feel better soon!!

And thanks so much for the advice. :)

As far as therapy goes, it's one of those things where I really truly do want to go, but I don't want to worry my family, and I'm not sure they would approve regardless. I'm going to give it some time and possibly start going once I have my license and am able to possibly go in private for a little while and see if it helps. I know I have some deep rooted issues with holding onto people and ideas/fantasies (ie plans for the future) and I am unable to cope with change. I would like help with that.

As far as changing churches, I would have to go hours away to another church like mine (we are part of a group of churches that are few and far between, spread out all over the country, and the world) and I wouldn't try another type of church. I believe the gospel that is preached at my church, and really wouldn't be able to attend a different one unless I moved. And I don't want to leave my family over some "friend".

I have been trying to change it up a bit and it helps a lot, I have been hanging out with a friend from high school that I had ironically cut ties with to hang out with this same "friend" and it's been great, but she works and so do I, and most weekends she stays with her boyfriend, so it's been hard to find time to hang out. She has been actually spending some time apart from her boyfriend JUST to hang out with me, because she knows I'm going through some tough times emotionally and she has been so awesome in helping me to get things off my mind. I just wish we could hang out more often.

I also think once I get my license and can get out of the house and take my sister with me and go out and do some fun things, it will help me out a LOT. Also my sister and I are hoping to start college together if she is able to get the ACT score she needs to graduate early this year. So keeping busy will help, and possibly making new friends at college should help.

I don't know, sometimes I'm just fine, and other times I get knots in my stomach and feel so depressed. It comes out of nowhere sometimes and I hate it.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Activism and tough topics aren't for everyone but man it's frustrating when you lose friends because they can't actively discuss issues without taking things to heart and shutting down a friendship.

Bummer.

Edited because... bleh. Letting emotions create drama sucks.

Last edited:

Grab

I also think once I get my license and can get out of the house and take my sister with me and go out and do some fun things, it will help me out a LOT. Also my sister and I are hoping to start college together if she is able to get the ACT score she needs to graduate early this year. So keeping busy will help, and possibly making new friends at college should help.
If you have issues with attachment, it might be helpful to do some things on your own, without your sister. I can only go by what you post here, so perhaps that is something you already do, but it seems like you do most things (voice lessons, hanging out with friends, etc) as a pair, which isn't helping much in the 'branch out" department. If you're also planning on going to the same college, it would probably help if you did some social things on your own.

Grab

Today we put down the most adorable, scruffy dog. (think Beardie/whoknowswhat mixy dog wearing a Pyrenean Shepherd costume.) He had a perianal hernia with probable bladder entrapment. Sad :(

Lyzelle

I was up at 6am. Didn't have to be up until 8am, but couldn't go back to sleep.

Carpet cleaner was supposed to be here at 9:30. Managed to get lost on a base with only one main road, off which he had to take his first left and then go right. Didn't get here until 10am. Didn't start until 10:15 or so. Wasn't done until 1pm.

Rushed paperwork and payment($300), then had to high tail it to Zane's appointment at 2pm.

Vets and techs were nice, but incompetent. Shaved his mane, bloodied him with the chip insertion, didn't allow me to sedate him. Rough handled him. Chip and 3 vaccs ended up being $300.

Found the tooth that chipped a while back. It definitely needs extracting, which means bloodwork and putting him under. He's 8. I'm not looking forward to it.

Ran around all day, haven't eaten anything at all since Friday except a few handfuls of chips.

Have to deal with MORE moving people tomorrow. Last bit of cleaning to ready the house for closing on Wednesday.

Somehow find the energy to drive 13 hours to Denver on Friday. And then somehow make it to Memphis after another 17 hours.

Boo to everything.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Oh heck i dont know what i need. i cant stay where im at, its not a matter of money, its a matter of this was a temporary place and the owner of the house wasnt supposed to find out i was here and then she did and now shes going ape**** and wants me out NOW, but has generously given me 2 weeks, which was last monday so now 1 week. i just got a job last monday, the same day that horrible news came in, so i HAVE income... NOW. didnt before. but the issue is finding a place to rent thats on the bus line to get to the job, allows dogs, and is affordable and doesnt want paystubs and all that, because i work under the table. so far i have ONE lead, but its a hair out of my pricerange and im not sure i can handle it. rent, bills, and bus fare would consume exactly 105% of my income, with nothing left over for dog food or me food ( i get a small amt of foodstamps which helps but its not enough. i cannot live on ramen every day and be alive ). MAYBE someone taking the two dogs for a few months would help me find a place and get more stable and get a car, but i dont know. i dont have a magic crystal ball that can see into the future and say "ah HA! in 1 month and 18 days, a house for rent will come available 2 miles from work that allows dogs and is under 600 a month!" yaknow?

/rant
Oh, gosh. i remember being on hard times. I think at my worst I was living in an apt that was about as small as a studio can be (barely enough room for me & Izze) & i did eat ramen every night so I could afford the kind of food Izze needed.

I will send vibes your way, i know how you feel, i have been there :(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Staff meeting tomorrow which is first of all annoying because it means I have to go in an hour early. Also annoying because we are focusing on how to improve our customer service. Which we are doing by role playing scenarios. :doh: I suck at stuff like this lol and now I feel like I'm in high school again, getting anxious about presenting to the class!!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Staff meeting tomorrow which is first of all annoying because it means I have to go in an hour early. Also annoying because we are focusing on how to improve our customer service. Which we are doing by role playing scenarios. :doh: I suck at stuff like this lol and now I feel like I'm in high school again, getting anxious about presenting to the class!!
That's why I steer clear of mainstream workforce/ corporate jobs ... Because I can't work with people ... I just can't.

Grab

Role playing would suck. Our meetings are annoying, but they just involve us always getting lectured for something

Members online

No members online now.