Picking up-- anger?

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
*Sigh* I have, yet again, another question about Rocky's behavior.

Well, this usually happens when I take him out to use the bathroom outside. He goes and runs towards the muddy, nasty part of the backyard. He completely ignores my calls and pleas for him to come back. I don't want him there because I hurt my foot real bad (hurts when I just stand on it), it's night time and plus, I don't want him drinking up the dirty, muddy water.

And with my hurt foot I have to go in after him and pick him up because he refuses to listen to me.

So, I pick him up to bring him inside. He goes nuts! He starts squealing and crying, and then he starts trying to bite at my face and arms! What's going on here? Can someone help me? :(

You're thwarting him! Poor BigDogs - you're definitely a parent, lol! Remember all those times your Dad wouldn't let you do something you really, really wanted to do?
I feel for you. Rocky sounds like he's a headstrong little demon, but they grow up and make the greatest dogs when they've got someone like you to raise them.

I'd suggest that while you're foot is hurt you take him out on a leash, especially at night, so you don't have to deal with this. It will give you some extra quickie training with him, too, which is always a good thing with a pup like Rocky.

Is there any way your Dad could fence off that part of the yard so he won't get into it while he's still so little?

I don't know why they love that dirty water, but they all do. They'll drink dirty water when there's a fresh dish of clean water right next to it. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.