I am state side!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Pointless thread! I'm awake at 3.30am because its really 10.30am. Luckily pregnancy has acclimatised me for waking up at weird times so this feels kind of normal.

So... that was exhausting. But I'm here now! Didn't get in till late so I've seen nothing. My only observations so far being :

Everyone talks to you like they know you!! I'm not sure how I feel about this! I will talk to anyone (and do) its the familiarity which is strange to me. But everyone has been SO nice. So that's amazing.

I saw a cop car. Its like off a film :D my friends were very amused at my amusement of this. Even though one is a brit.

Uhm... your money is like monopoly money.

That's pretty much all I've noticed so far :D

Oh and the moon is HUGE here!

So excited to start exploring!!!!!

The end.

crazedACD

Everyone talks to you like they know you!! I'm not sure how I feel about this! I will talk to anyone (and do) its the familiarity which is strange to me. But everyone has been SO nice. So that's amazing.
That's because we all love to hear accents. OH SHE'S FROM THE UK MUST STRIKE UP MORE CONVERSATION SO I CAN BATHE IN THE SOUND OF HER VOICE.

Ok, was that creepy?! :D Sorry if you ever run into me :eek:.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Welcome to civilization, Diz :D

Have a great time!

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Uhm... your money is like monopoly money.
I take it you haven't seen Canadian money yet then eh? :p
We have the colours to make it even more Monopoly-ee(?)

Where in the states are you? (Sorry I'm sure you've posted it before, I just have a garbage memory).
I just got back from Pennsylvania this afternoon, and it is beautiful down there!
Hope it's as nice wherever you're visiting!

Have a safe and enjoyable trip :D

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I had froyo. Amazing! So amazing. I had the sorbet ones and I'm in love.

There are so many food places!!!!!! And they're all full at all hours!

Waiters/waitresses are so attentive. Again I can't decide if I like or dislike! Its nice but I'm feeling a bit leave me alone!

I think my accent could get me anything I wanted :D

I'm not even going to touch on the religion thing... but wow.

Your road layout is just crazy and makes no sense to me! And all the stop signs?!!!! You need some good old fashioned roundabouts. Seriously.

Again, everyone is so positive and friendly. We like to moan mostly. Here everything is just woooonderful! Your glasses are definitely half full.

The wildlife and the supermarkets fascinate me :D I saw a dead skunk! Lol.

Elrohwen

Welcome! Where are you at now? NYC?

If you want roundabouts, come up north. I'm near Saratoga Springs, NY for work and the town I work in has about a million roundabouts. I'm honestly getting sick of driving in circles. It's very unusual for the US.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I'm in salt lake city. Strange place :D off to Vegas tomorrow!! Looking forward to that!

I'm going to practice driving today. In an automatic! On your crazy roads! Beware local people!

Barb04

Super Moderator
I have a feeling you're going to do great with the driving!

Are you just on vacation exploring the U.S.? So glad you've come to experience all there is here. It's nice hearing the perspective from someone from another country coming here. Sometimes we all forget to enjoy all there is here.

I'll be waiting for the next update.:popcorn:

Elrohwen

Ah yes, Salt Lake is kind of a strange place! Very pretty, but definitely a different vibe than much of the country. And the way they number roads in that city is unlike anything I've seen.

Fran27

LOL Dizzy. I had the same impressions when I moved here. Waiters that ask you if everything's ok... never happens in France. Heck it's a battle to get our check there!

Same with the religion thing. Definitely a different world.

The 4 ways stop signs I actually don't mind. I found that people are actually nice here and will let you go first if you were at the intersection first. I was just telling my mom that if they did that in France it would be a disaster. There are some roundabouts in some places though, at least on the East coast.

4 ways are a regional thing. WHere I used to live, if you were slowing down to stop, that signaled to other drivers approaching that since you were stopping, they didn't even need to slow down and would gun it thru the intersection. It would have been fun to be able to shoot out their tires :)

I love roundabouts, they've put in probably 30 or in this area in the past 2-3 years. I can't wait till they put in more.

Members online

No members online now.