Savvy's First Ever Agility run Thru!

Aleron

The local training club has run thrus every other Fri in the summer. Each night focuses on a specific game from various organizations, which gives people a chance to practice and learn games before competing in them. This week was AKC FAST, which I've only played once with Whim. I took her, Jagger, Ziggy and Savvy last night. This is the first time Savvy has done agility in a setting other than class or my backyard. I have worked him at this facility but it's not our normal training place. It is set up as much like a trial as possible with these things with briefing, walk thrus, ring crew, etc.

I don't consider Savvy to be competition ready just yet but wanted to start going to these Game Nights as a way to get him used to that sort of environment. I take him to trials with me, so he is already used to how busy a real trial is. At the end of the trial I usually also set up some quick one jump exercises on the practice jumps with high value treats. But this is the first time he's done a course with so many obstacles for sure.

Overall I am really happy with how he did. We had some nice parts to both runs. He got a couple good wraps in, did his teeter well, got the Novice send bonus (gamble) in both runs and most importantly, he was pretty responsive and happy to be playing the agility game with me. We do have a few things to iron out - like he's obsessed with getting onto boards because of RC training LOL, I need to handle him better and he probably needs some more work on what cues mean. But really, I have no doubt that stuff will fall into place with time and more training. The most important thing is, he likes to run with me :)

Savvy's First Ever Agility run Thru!
http://youtu.be/y_LOt6olgqo

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Hurray Muppet Dog! He did great for a crazy baby dog and he was definitely having fun!

Woohoo, great first public appearance!

We do have a few things to iron out - like he's obsessed with getting onto boards because of RC training LOL,
Lol! That is funny!

The most important thing is, he likes to run with me :)
Yep, that's really what it all comes down to. I can't wait to see him in a few months!

Members online