Breed Suggestion?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Fenced yard. I think he drives a van, but I think its parked in front while the yard is in the back. I haven't seen his house (or been back to AZ) in 4 years . . . so . . . I'm going on memory here!

hmontesjr

I find that Iggies have a more nervous disposition and have heard of some major housetraining issues within the breed. And, frankly, a large person with a tiny and extremely fragile dog is probably not the easiest match to make. An IG could work, but I just got the impression that a slightly larger, more stable dog would be better.

Whippets like walks and runs, and our running to them is just a brisk walk. ;) IMO they need off-lead exercise periodically in order to really run.

Wow i must have got a good one then. None of those problems with my little girl. They are prone to tooth problems, you really have to keep up with the brushing. You are right about the fragil thing.

Maybe miniature schnauzer?

Whippet came to mind immediately. Awesome, friendly, lovable dogs. They'r smallish in size and they tolerate the heat better than most breeds (but obviously still need lots of protection during the summer, as any dog does in this ungodly climate). As adults, they are low key as far as exercise goes - they seem content to be housedogs and get a daily walk and a good hard run several times a week in a safely fenced area.
That was my first thought - a rescued retired racing dog, Whippet or Italian Greyhound.

Members online

No members online now.